Problem when import files

Anders,

Check the starts in the last 4 races - they probably got ignored when you merged in the second series - and hence why the results are changing.

What you are essentially foing is creating a AppLE Addemdum C type flighted series, where the competitors change flights for the qualifying races and then stay in flights for the finals races; Sailwave can do this in one file.

I’m sure we can get you a solution without painful hard work - it’s just that I need lots and lots of detail and examples to diagose a problem…

Colin

www.sailwave.com

···

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 September 2005 06:49
To: ‘Colin Jenkins’
Subject: RE: Problem when import files

Hi Colin,

Yes it’s 8+4 = 12, but the result values must not change on the last 4. I think I have to do it manually and make a nice webpage with the result…. (Sailwave-web). – Hard work… :wink:

I figured that out too that dnf and so on would change

Med vänlig hälsning

Anders Landenstad

www.juniorsegling.se

Tel 0455-68 35 46 (arbete), 0455-174 59 (bostad), 0733-277 007 (mobil)

Sent: den 6 september 2005 19:38
To: Anders Landenstad

Hi Anders,

Sorry, I’m still not with it. the first file contains 8 races, the second 4 races. Do you want to end up with a series with 12 races? if so, when you score that over 12 races some place changing will happen, also depending on how you’ve defined DNF, the values for DNF etc will change as well…

Colin

www.sailwave.com

Sent: 05 September 2005 06:56
To: ‘Colin Jenkins’

Hi Colin,
There are two events with flights – Optimists of cource… The first event was divided into four flights. That event scores OK. On the second event there where no changes in “the flight order”. If I was “blue” on the first I’m still “Blue” on the second. On the other hand there were some new Sailors at the arena and some that didn’t show up. It was not a problem to score this too.
The problem is that these two files must be combined into ONE(!) That’s is very important for the Swedish Optimists association. I found that when combining and score the values changes in the second regatta – I saw that on the top sailors
When it’s allright I will give then all a TALLY as they are ranked and after that just delete all sailors born 1990 to make a list of all top sailors that are going to be selected for traing camp and international regattas during vinter/spring.
Med vänlig hälsning
Anders Landenstad

www.juniorsegling.se

Tel 0455-68 35 46 (arbete), 0455-174 59 (bostad), 0733-277 007 (mobil)

Sent: den 4 september 2005 13:05
To: Anders Landenstad

Hi Anders,
What sequence of events are you doing?  I did 2 import series summaries and it seemed to work OK...

Colin

www.sailwave.com

Sent: 02 September 2005 06:58
To: Colin Jenkins
Subject: Problem when import files

Hi Colin,
  I can’t put this two files together into Sailwave file (1,83) it worked alright in earlier versions. I need the two regattas as I only have the htm-files on the internet. I need to make these files and merge them into one big. Note that there are multiple first and so on

Cheers

Anders Landenstad

www.juniorsegling.se

Tel +46 455 68 35 46 (work), +46 455 174 59 (homr), +46 733 277 007 (mobile)