Problems sending results to RYA

Problems sending results to RYA
Every week I successfully send the club’s results to the RYA site from sailwave.

This week I keep getting the message ‘Error 400’. I have not changed anything since last week but even trying to resend results from a couple of weeks ago fails now even though they were successful when originally sent.

I can log in to the PYS site and see the club’s results, I usually use Chrome but I have tried to send using Edge as default.

Can you help please.

Regards,

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Yes - It is an issue with the pyonline site. They have changed the site from HTTP to https and not tested it or informed anyone (well not me and the users anyway). I find this very frustrating. You are not the first user to have experienced this problem.

I spent several hours trying to help out another user on Thursday and Friday and concluded there was nothing wrong with the data. On contacting the RYA as I suspected that something had changed, I was told nothing had changed and it was probably the data. I also got an error if I manually uploaded the raw data. On sending them the raw data to them, they then said they had changed to HTTPS and in so doing introduced a bug but they had now fixed it.

If I upload raw data this is now working but uploading via the plugin still is not working. I believe this is still their problem. I have emailed the RYA as I don’t think this is acceptable, wasting a lot of volunteers time and my time as well.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Hi All

The RYA have this morning reverted the pyonline site removing the changes that they made recently, for the time being, so that the upload should now be working again.

If anyone has an issue still please let me know.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks, Jon. Working
fine now

Just a shame that you

had to spend time identifying an RYA software fault

Cheers!

···

:sunglasses:
:frowning:
On 09/12/2018 10:27, Jon Eskdale
[sailwave] wrote:

jon@sailwave.com

Hi All

The RYA have this morning reverted the pyonline site

removing the changes that they made recently, for the
time being, so that the upload should now be working
again.

All working again, thank you.

Regards,

Margaret

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 09 December 2018 10:28
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Problems sending results to RYA

Hi All

The RYA have this morning reverted the pyonline site removing the changes that they made recently, for the time being, so that the upload should now be working again.

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 12:23, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com wrote:

Error! Filename not specified.

Hi Margaret,

Yes - It is an issue with the pyonline site. They have changed the site from HTTP to https and not tested it or informed anyone (well not me and the users anyway). I find this very frustrating. You are not the first user to have experienced this problem.

I spent several hours trying to help out another user on Thursday and Friday and concluded there was nothing wrong with the data. On contacting the RYA as I suspected that something had changed, I was told nothing had changed and it was probably the data. I also got an error if I manually uploaded the raw data. On sending them the raw data to them, they then said they had changed to HTTPS and in so doing introduced a bug but they had now fixed it.

If I upload raw data this is now working but uploading via the plugin still is not working. I believe this is still their problem. I have emailed the RYA as I don’t think this is acceptable, wasting a lot of volunteers time and my time as well.

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 12:08, ‘MA Boyson’ m.a.boyson@btinternet.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Every week I successfully send the club’s results to the RYA site from sailwave.

This week I keep getting the message ‘Error 400’. I have not changed anything since last week but even trying to resend results from a couple of weeks ago fails now even though they were successful when originally sent.

I can log in to the PYS site and see the club’s results, I usually use Chrome but I have tried to send using Edge as default.

Can you help please.

Regards,

Margaret

Sill having problems uploading via the plugin @ 20:00 on 10/12/18 - get the Error 400 from server.

However PYOnline site will accept data for 2017 that has already been submitted!

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Hi

You can send me the file and I’ll check it out. But try sending just one race.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks for the quick response.

Have just checked the file and found that the first race was blank! Deleted race and re-sent file. Data sent ok for races till there was another blank race mid-series so no data after that. Error 400 still returned.

I’m guessing that this is more a case of user error than still a problem?!

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Yes, the pyonline reports error 400 if you send it a race but the race doesn’t contain any data.

You have two alternatives

1. Delete all races which don’t contain any data and then you can use the * in the races to send text box
  2. List the races to send e.g. 1,2-6,8,10
    Jon
···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have checked the Sailwave file and found the ‘first’ race to be blank! So I deleted the blank race and re-sent the data through Sailwave plugin and data transmitted for half of series till another blank race! Cleared remaining blank races and data transmitted ok. Error 400 returned both times when blank races found.

Guess you can put that down to user error.

Regards,

Alex