Publish Race ratings

Is it possible for Sailwave to publish the actual race rating as well as the new rating when publishing results for a race. I can get it to publish the default rating (the one that was initially given to a competitor when they were first entered) and also get it to publish what the calculated new rating is but it doesn’t seem to publish what the actual rating was for the race.

I am using the NHC personal handicaps which I have setup to export to excel to work out corrected times and new handicaps etc. In the spreadsheet the correct race rating is displayed but when I publish it the default rating is displayed not the race rating ( which will change from race to race).

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi Simon - if you publish individual races as opposed to the summary you will see the ratings for that race.

You can also press F6 R after scoring and before publishing a summary - so when you publish you will get a summary of all the ratings for all the ratings used in every race.

When publishing individual races there is an option to publish just the last race. So perhaps what you are looking for may be easily achieved by publishing a summary and the last individual race.

Jon

···

On 26 September 2016 at 22:51, simon.wilcox@xtra.co.nz [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Is it possible for Sailwave to publish the actual race rating as well as the new rating when publishing results for a race. I can get it to publish the default rating (the one that was initially given to a competitor when they were first entered) and also get it to publish what the calculated new rating is but it doesn’t seem to publish what the actual rating was for the race.

I am using the NHC personal handicaps which I have setup to export to excel to work out corrected times and new handicaps etc. In the spreadsheet the correct race rating is displayed but when I publish it the default rating is displayed not the race rating ( which will change from race to race).

Any suggestions welcome.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Thanks for the quick response Jon. I had a play round and i see what you mean. When i publish an individual race the correct race handicap for that race is displayed. I think what am after is can I publish what the handicap will be for the next race.

I was getting confused with publishing the new rating thinking that would be the next race handicap but that will only work if I publish after each race. If I publish race 2 for example but we have already raced 5 races the new handicap field will the new handicap after race 5 whereas I want to see the handicap for race 3

Can I publish next race handicap or is that feature not in sailwave?

Hope you follow what I mean

Thanks

Simon

···

On 26 September 2016 at 22:51, simon.wilcox@xtra.co.nz [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Any suggestions welcome.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Simon,

The new rating which is stored with the competitor details is the rating which will be used for the next race. It works well if you publish it with the summary, as the competitor will then know what handicap they will be racing on for the next race. It also works well for the the individual race if it is the last race. Typically a club would publish the summary and the last race at the end of the race. It doesn’t really work well if you are publishing historic individual races although you don’t need it then as you are probably printing multiple races and you can see the rating for each race.

So in you example if you publish individual races 2 - 5 the ratings for each race will be in the race and the next race will also have the updated rating.

It may be nice if the new rating if published on historic races was the rating of the next race. When I get time I’ll see if that is possible

Jon

···

On 28 September 2016 at 09:41, Simon & theresa Wilcox simon.wilcox@xtra.co.nz [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Jon. I had a play round and i see what you mean. When i publish an individual race the correct race handicap for that race is displayed. I think what am after is can I publish what the handicap will be for the next race.

I was getting confused with publishing the new rating thinking that would be the next race handicap but that will only work if I publish after each race. If I publish race 2 for example but we have already raced 5 races the new handicap field will the new handicap after race 5 whereas I want to see the handicap for race 3

Can I publish next race handicap or is that feature not in sailwave?

Hope you follow what I mean

Thanks

Simon

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 11:03 AM, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Simon - if you publish individual races as opposed to the summary you will see the ratings for that race.

You can also press F6 R after scoring and before publishing a summary - so when you publish you will get a summary of all the ratings for all the ratings used in every race.

When publishing individual races there is an option to publish just the last race. So perhaps what you are looking for may be easily achieved by publishing a summary and the last individual race.

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Any suggestions welcome.