Published results for a race are not in ascending points order

Hi, I’ve been using sailwave for a number of years and we are using 2.9.7.
We have 3 fleets with 3 starts and use start/finish times with phrf handicaps.
Randomly this season, I’ve had cases where the results for an individual race did not list the competitors in ascending points order. The corrected times and points assigned were correct but the results for 1 of the fleets for one of the races showed the competitors in finishing order 2, 1, 3, 5, 5, 4.

I searched the messages of the sailwave group and the closest symptom I could find was under Subject: ‘Order or boats when printing results wrong’. The thread made it sound like I might have file corruption? And a solution might be to edit the .blw file in notepad?

Thank you for any suggestions, John

Hi John,

I think I know what your problem is. You have some flights assigned to one of the races.

To prove this Press F6 then g to display the Flight assignments. My guess is that you have assigned some flights to the race that is displaying in the wrong order.

To fix this we need to set them all to the same flight.

First make sure that in the Setup - User Interface the Appendix LE addendum C is ticked

Then in the Tools - Flight Assignments

select All competitors

Apply to these races - here you enter the race or races that have flights assigned

Assign these flights - here we want just a single line with a “-” as the only character

After you click OK you should see all competitors are in the same flight -

If you score and publish now all should be fine

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
Sailwave

03333 443377

07976 709777

On 8 October 2014 16:26, fatjohn@us.ibm.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi, I’ve been using sailwave for a number of years and we are using 2.9.7.
We have 3 fleets with 3 starts and use start/finish times with phrf handicaps.
Randomly this season, I’ve had cases where the results for an individual race did not list the competitors in ascending points order. The corrected times and points assigned were correct but the results for 1 of the fleets for one of the races showed the competitors in finishing order 2, 1, 3, 5, 5, 4.

I searched the messages of the sailwave group and the closest symptom I could find was under Subject: ‘Order or boats when printing results wrong’. The thread made it sound like I might have file corruption? And a solution might be to edit the .blw file in notepad?

Thank you for any suggestions, John

Thanks Jon,
The setup page had no selections. The flight assignments were as you show.
We rescored and republished a fouled race and the race standings are now correct.
SJ