publishing results overall

Good evening
After creating the flights and entering the results, I can not publish the results overall but only for flight. How am I supposed to do that?

Hi,
Have you set-up starts for each flight and allocated the appropriate competitors to the start?
Have you configured Sailwave to allow multiple 1sts, 2nds, 3rds etc?

If you care to attach your Sailwave will I will have alook at your configuration.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hello
I’ll send you our tests attached. There are two because in one there are all the participants (cadets and juniors). In this test we had problems publishing all the results.
We tried creating only a file with the juniors but we couldn’t do it anyway.
Thank you
Loris

CARNIVAL 2020 juniores.blw (436 KB)

CARNIVAL 2020.blw (420 KB)

Hi,
Thank you for sending the Sailwave files, which I have looked at. I have read the Notice of Race which I found on the Internet.

As the Junior group are sailing what appears to be a Q-series & an F-series you should have separate Sailwave files for Cadets and Juniors. This is what I have done with the attached files for you. I hope I have transferred all the information correctly and configured the files correctly as I created the files from scratch having exported the competitors from the files you sent. So please check carefully.

In my tests of entering finish positions and scoring of both files everything seems to work.

For scoring of Cadets just use the first scoring option for the complete series.

For the Juniors use the first scoring option without the checkbox for the Q-series and the second scoring option without checkbox once the F-series starts. Note once the Q-series is completed you will need to use the Tools Set Competitor Field to set the the Fleets appropriately.

Kind regards,
Huw

2020 Carnival - Juniors - Huw.blw (340.4 KB) 2020 Carnival - Cadets - Huw.blw (73.5 KB)

Hi Again,
I created new files from scratch as there was something not quite right in the files that I could track down.

I changed the DoB’s to YYYY/MM/DD format so that when sorting in Sailwave the order is what would be expected. Also under European data protection laws you should probably not publish DoB’s anywhere, just view them on the screen.

Hope you have a successful regatta
Kind regards,
Huw

I’m sorry but I tried to launch the flights of the 4 race and when I go to publish them I can not do it by color. I do not understand how you did to insert the one reposted in image 1 .
Can you explain that to me?
Thanks

(Attachment immagini.dot is missing)

I’m sorry but I tried to launch the flights of the 4 race and when I go to publish them I can not do it by color. I do not understand how you did to insert the one reposted in image 1 .
Can you explain that to me?
Thanks

IMAGES.pdf (237 KB)

Hi Loris,
To create starts for R4-6 , right click the race column header for R3 and select Edit Race.
When the window appears there will be 3 starts showing, one for each flight. Down near the bottom of the window on the left side is a box before words “Copy starts”. In the box enter 4-6 and then click on the words “Copy starts” followed by clicking OK in the new window that appears.

I assume you have used the flight assignment tool to generate new flight assignments for races 4-6.

Kind regards,
Huw

1 Like

Today Carnival race is over. The software went well in qualifying. I had some problems in the finals. We only had one gold regatta. Maybe I didn’t prepare the software well. Can you check it out to figure out where I went wrong? Thank you

2020 Carnival - Juniors - gold.blw (503 KB)

Hi Loris,

I am sorry to hear you had a some problems. I have taken a look at your file and found several things not correct. Please look at the attached file with my corrections and see if you like the results.

I will send you an explanation tomorrow of the things I have changed.
Kind regards,
Huw
2020 Carnival - Juniors - gold - Huw.blw (475.1 KB)

Hi Loris,

As promised last night feedback on my findings with the file you posted on the SUG Forum.

1. No need to delete unsailed races as when you publish you have option to only publish results of sailed races.
  2. You have confused flights and fleets. The Q-series was sailed in flights and the F-series in fleets,
    you do not use the flight functionality for the F-series. Once Q-series is over you then configure the fleets in the fleet column.
  3. You did not have “Do change Q-series results once an F-series race has been sailed” checked. This is set on the Addendum LE tab of
    Scoring system.
  4. You need to score Q-series using first option in scoring window and do not check the box just below, i.e. score all as one group.
  5. You need to score F-series using second option in scoring window and leave the default value of Fleet in box just below, i.e. score groups of
    competitors separately - scoring system applied to each group.

All these changes I had made to the Sailwave file I posted last night.

I look forward to any additional questions you might have.
Kind regards,
Huw

Thank you again, your directions are very useful to me. I tried it all and it’s fine. I can’t just understand how to create gold, bronze and silver fleets. If I use flights you create the flight column and not the fleet. To try I copied the entries in the fleet column. I’m sure there’s a way but I can’t find it.

Hi Loris,
To create the Gold, Silver & Bronze Fleets you have to use the Tools | Set competitor field option.

To set the Gold fleet choose the competitors with a rank less than or equal to the appropriate overall rank value after the Q-series, then repeat in similar way for setting Silver & Bronze.

The Set competitor field functionality is a a powerful thing to master for making bulk changes to sets of competitors.

Hope that helps but if not ask and I will send you more detailed instructions.
Kind regards,
Huw

Now is clear. Grazie

1 Like