Publishing using sFTP

I’ve been successfully publishing results directly to our website using sFTP, however it’s stopped working recently.
I can publish using a standalone ftp tool (filezilla) but not directly from sailwave (version 2.29.0).
I’m getting the error
Unable to connect to 160.xxx.xxx.xxx - (Server closed data connection)

I’d not changed the credentials and have double checked them. I’m using port 22
Any ideas?

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear t hat you are getting a problem with uploading to your website using SFTP.

Some questions:

1. are you using a different PC?
  2. are you trying to connect from a different location to when you were previously successful?
  3. anything else changed?

Something to try though ; In Sailwave click Setup on menu bar and select Global options from the drop down list. In the window that appears click on the FTP tab and at the bottom click the check box alongside the words 'Use passive transfer" if not a tick mark or vice versa.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Huw,
Thanks for your quick repsonse,
I’m using the same PC, from the same location and same ISP etc.
I’ve tried the passive transfer and still get the same results.
If I use the wrong password it takes a while before responding but with the correct one the “server closed connection” is instant.
I’m suspecting something has changed at the web hosting end, but no idea what, and it still works in filezilla.
Regards
Martin

If you are using HostGator, that could be the issue. They migrated to new servers at the beginning of July. Just a thought

Michael Dobrzensky

I should have said, website hosting is with GoDaddy.

Hi Martin,
So as I understand. You have been using 2.29.0 to connect to your server previously and it was working. But not it doesn’t. Do something has changed. Could you either post a screen shot or send me via email. As you say the server closed the connection. Is It possible to look at the server logs.

Jon

Thanks Jon, I’ll email you