Pursuit races

Hello,

Please can someone tell me how to input into Sailwave the results for a pursuit race with no handicaps just elapsed time. Thank you!

Regards,

Susan

Susan,

Could you not enter finish positions instead of elapsed time?

Regards,

Chris

···

On 3 Sep 2018, at 08:29, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Please can someone tell me how to input into Sailwave the results for a pursuit race with no handicaps just elapsed time. Thank you!

Regards,

Susan

Hi Susan,

You could enter positions but maybe you want to produce some reports based on time so that the competitors can see the time differences. If that is the case then you can simply set the ratings to all the same value of 1.

e.g. set the rating system to TCF (Time Correction Factor) and set the rating of all competitors to 1 - (You can do that quickly using the Tools - Set Competitor Field) then you can enter Elapsed times.

Mailtrack
Sender notified by

[Mailtrack](https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&) 03/09/18, 08:37:33
···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks Chris, I will try that solution.

···

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, 08:39 Christopher Gandy chrisgandy@me.com [sailwave], sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Susan,

Regards,

Chris

On 3 Sep 2018, at 08:29, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Susan

Hi

Just wondered, would you not just be entering actual finish positions only for a pursuit as all finish times are fixed and the same ?

···

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 8:31 AM +0100, “Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Susan

Susan,

Yes, maybe I’ve misunderstood but presumably competitors know their elapsed time anyway as it should be set from their start time to overall finish of the race time shouldn’t it?

Hope you get it to work.

Chris

···

On 3 Sep 2018, at 08:42, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, 08:39 Christopher Gandy chrisgandy@me.com [sailwave], sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Susan,

Regards,

Chris

Hello,

Regards,

Susan

That is great Jon, thank you very much!

···

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, 08:43 Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave], sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Susan,

You could enter positions but maybe you want to produce some reports based on time so that the competitors can see the time differences. If that is the case then you can simply set the ratings to all the same value of 1.

e.g. set the rating system to TCF (Time Correction Factor) and set the rating of all competitors to 1 - (You can do that quickly using the Tools - Set Competitor Field) then you can enter Elapsed times.

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Mailtrack
Sender notified by

[Mailtrack](https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&) 03/09/18, 08:37:33

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 08:31, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Susan

I have had the identical problem. When entering one race as finish position (pursuit) and another set of races as ToD phrf, the program will not print a series summary…

It appears to not be able to handle two types of scoring in the same series. Or, perhaps it is just operator error on my part?

Thanks so much for any possible suggestions.

Franny Charles

Northeast Harbor Fleet, Maine

···

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018, 03:46 Christopher Gandy chrisgandy@me.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Susan,

Yes, maybe I’ve misunderstood but presumably competitors know their elapsed time anyway as it should be set from their start time to overall finish of the race time shouldn’t it?

Hope you get it to work…

Chris

On 3 Sep 2018, at 08:42, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Susan,

Regards,

Chris

Hello,

Regards,

Susan

Hi Fran,

There is no problem in having multiple scoring systems in the same series.

Simply create an override for the rating system in the Fleets as shown below

https://i.imgur.com/giNOmv6.png

https://i.imgur.com/giNOmv6.png

View on i.imgur.com

Preview by Yahoo

You can have as many overrides as you like for different fleets

If you would like to discuss it or have a demo give me a call on 03333 443377 or email me at jon@sailwave.com with your telephone number and I’ll call you.

Jon

The Pursuit Race thread reminds me of a question which came up at my Club a little while ago:

We use the SWPH program to generate an Excel sheet of start times for our Pursuit Races – that is really good, very easy to use. We then use the program to write the start times back into the Sailwave file.

That also works very nicely, except that we’ve been unable to find a way to get SWPH to write the start times back into the .blw file with the starts set for “Finishes – Place” (which is what we want, and where the other questions in the thread reminded me of the problem!). The starts all appear set for “Finishes – Elapsed Time”, so we have to go through and edit each one individually, to set all the starts up so the results can be entered using the Sail Number Wizard to just enter the places.

Is there a configuration parameter somewhere which we’ve missed, or is this a necessary part of the set-up process for Pursuit Races?

Ian Day

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, 3 September, 2018 08:42
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Pursuit races

Hi Susan,

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Mailtrack

Sender notified by
Mailtrack 03/09/18, 08:37:33

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 08:31, Susan Fortescue sfortescue@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Susan