Question about the "highlight wins" effect

I use the highlight wins effect. But I am encountering one minor feature that I do not know how to overcome. I have added the OOD code to the ignored list in the script. But, if a boat is OOD for the race, and its OOD average score places it within the top 3 ranks, then that boat is assigned one of the 3 rankings, and then only two boats get the highlight (because the OOD code has been excluded from highlighting).

Is there a way that I can set it up to have the OOD’s ranking get assigned to the next highest scored boat so three boats always get highlighted (and the OOD place is ignored)? When viewing the table as rankings, the OOD can get ranked within the top 3, so maybe this is just the way it is.

Hi Matt,
There are two effects that can be used for highlighting

• HightlightWin3
    This works on looking for the scores 1.0 2.0 and 3.0
    You could expand this fairly easily to include 4.0 if there is no 1.0 or somehow depending upon which rules you want to apply
  • HighlightWin3V3
    This works on looking for hidden tags in the HTML code which Sailwave inserts as rank1, rank2 and rank3.
    This is the best way of doing the highlighting because if someone gets 0.7 points and gets a first this will still work whereas the first one would not
    However, Sailwave only inserts hidden tags for the ranks of 1 - 3 so expanding this to more than 3 will not be easy.
    HighlightWin3V3, because it uses rank will also work for HighPoint scoring
    Hope that helps

Jon

Thanks Jon. I had been using the 2nd method. I wasn’t aware of the 1st script you mentioned, which looks like it might work for me.

I did a quick try and got it to do what I wanted. I see you use regex codes. Argh! They make my head hurt. But, I see that is a pretty flexible approach, so that I should be able to combine 3 of my effects scripts into one, once I figure out the right regex masks to use.

Hi Matt,

You are not the only one with Regex but there are some good sites on the web that allow you to test them out

Jon