Question

We have a national regatta that uses a qualifing series. The series needs a minimum of 6 races. The class is split into yellow and blue fleet. After 3 races the sailors are then re-ranked based on net score to new fleets. First place yellow goes to blue fleet and first blue goes to yellow etc…

I setup sailwave with class starling and fleets of yellow and blue. The problem is that I need to keep track of the actual scores throughout the series and then carry over the qualifing scores to the final series. I ended up using excel to do this because Sailwave seemed to have a problem with 2 firsts in each qualifing race.

I’m wondering if this is something Sailwave can do?

Cheers,

Susan

···

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Hi Susan
Yes, this is something Sailwave can do and is regularly used for this.

As an example, you could look at these results

https://filedn.com/lp10qwAOmmwFb3gmBWF0wyf/Euromed/OptiOC2018.html

Which has a qualifier series and a final series.

You need to configure Sailwave user interface for this type of competition

image.png

To allow Split starts and allow multiple 1st 2nds etc

and also configure Appendix LE Addendum C

You can then Configure the Number of races for the Qualifiers and Finals and the Discard profile for the Finals

If you search the forum there are some detailed instructions

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Jon,

Thanks. I’ll check this out.

···

On Saturday, May 18, 2019, 7:49 PM, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Susan
Yes, this is something Sailwave can do and is regularly used for this.

As an example, you could look at these results

https://filedn.com/lp10qwAOmmwFb3gmBWF0wyf/Euromed/OptiOC2018.html

Which has a qualifier series and a final series.

You need to configure Sailwave user interface for this type of competition

image.png

To allow Split starts and allow multiple 1st 2nds etc

and also configure Appendix LE Addendum C

You can then Configure the Number of races for the Qualifiers and Finals and the Discard profile for the Finals

If you search the forum there are some detailed instructions

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Sat, 18 May 2019 at 07:22, susan perry perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

We have a national regatta that uses a qualifing series. The series needs a minimum of 6 races. The class is split into yellow and blue fleet. After 3 races the sailors are then re-ranked based on net score to new fleets. First place yellow goes to blue fleet and first blue goes to yellow etc…

I setup sailwave with class starling and fleets of yellow and blue. The problem is that I need to keep track of the actual scores throughout the series and then carry over the qualifing scores to the final series. I ended up using excel to do this because Sailwave seemed to have a problem with 2 firsts in each qualifing race.

I’m wondering if this is something Sailwave can do?

Cheers,

Susan