Rank flights

Hi all,
I have a problem when scoring a flights regatta.
I have yellow and blue fleets of the same class. After 3 races on day 1, I score the serie but in the Rank column, when sorted by Total Points, appears 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd…it seems that Sailwave is ranking each boat within her group. I tried to find a solution but I didn´t find.
I don´t know what else to do or what I´m doing wrong.
I have been using Sailwave for more than 10 years and I never have this problem before.
Sailwave version: 2.19.8
Thanks in advance.

It would help if you included a copy of your BLW file.

Below are a few screen captures of settings you need for flights.

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Also, depending on the SI’s, you might have to change the points for DNF, DNC, etc after the qualifying series and before the final series.

Regards,

Peter

···

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM, ctravado@yahoo.es [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi all,
I have a problem when scoring a flights regatta.
I have yellow and blue fleets of the same class. After 3 races on day 1, I score the serie but in the Rank column, when sorted by Total Points, appears 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd…it seems that Sailwave is ranking each boat within her group. I tried to find a solution but I didn´t find.
I don´t know what else to do or what I´m doing wrong.
I have been using Sailwave for more than 10 years and I never have this problem before.
Sailwave version: 2.19.8
Thanks in advance.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer.
Please, find attached the .blw file.
Br,

Hi,

It is scoring the groups separately because that is what you have asked it to do.

As you have selected Score groups of competitors separately with a Grouping field of Flight

Inline images 1

You also have all the boats starting together for both races

I would expect to see the two different flights starting at a different time otherwise there would be no need for flights

Inline images 2

Perhaps you could explain a bit more about how you are expecting it to work.

Regards

Jon

···

On 28 August 2016 at 21:17, ctravado@yahoo.es [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer.
Please, find attached the .blw file.
Br,

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi,
Following your corrections, the problem is solved.
Thanks a lot both for the quick answers.

Br,