RDG scoring

How does the RDG code (manual redress scoring) affect the other boats’ scores? I have a race where the actual 1st place boat gets points added to its score when there are several boats that have RDG redress points manually scored. Why should the 1st place boat have its score changed?

If you have it configured correctly then RDG won’t change the points of other boats.

Could you share your blw Sailwave for so I can see how it is configured.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Hi Jon,

Here is the fundamental question related to the attached file: Sail #1139 finished in position 3 in R1, and 3 is entered as its position. Why is it then scored with 12 points?

I can code the position as “3 RDG” to force the score to be 3 points, but I do not think I should need to do this.

···

New topic: I have another, unrelated question related to RDG scoring in general:

• We use a scoring code in our season-long series called OOD, that is similar to RDGa. A boat gets the OOD code when they are missing a race to run the race.
  • How do the first 3 properties of the OOD code affect the overall scores (esp. DNC, DNS, DNF, DSQ, etc):
  1. This code implies that the boat came to the starting area for the race
  2. This code implies that the boat started the race
  3. This code implies that the boat finished the race
  • If I do not check 1, but do check 2 and 3, what does that mean to the scoring?
  • There are several possible combinations (maybe 6). Does each combination affect the points scored for a DNC or DSQ/DNF/DNS in a different way? Does it matter if we are scoring IAW appendix A9 or just appendix A (without rule A9)?

Hi,

The reason that 1139 is getting 12 points is that you have 10 boats in first place and another in 3rd.

Setting points using RDG does not change the position of other boats. If you remove the finishing places of the other boats you will get 1 point as they would be the first boat to finish.

1. This code implies that the boat came to the starting area for the race
  2. This code implies that the boat started the race
  3. This code implies that the boat finished the race
    These will be used by other scoring codes which need to know

e.g. see below where there is a code for boats that came to the starting area.

image.png

Regards

Jon

Mailtrack

Sender notified by

[Mailtrack](https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&)
                15/08/18, 07:17:44
···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks. That explains it.