Recording 2 leg race.

We do a long distance, north/south race on the first day of Ragatta. It is scored as 3 races - north to the island where a time is taken, back south to the finish, and then the north/south overall time. Regatta involves about 40 boats normally.

I normally score with finish times, and the north and overall are no problem. However, for the south leg, each boat has a different start time. Last year I tried entering the start time individually for each boat, but every time I went into the file, the individual start times were lost and had to be re-entered. I could just enter the north and the overall, then manually figure the elapsed time for each boat for the south leg and enter it that way, but unless I use an elapsed time calculating utility, I can see errors creeping in with the calculations.

I think there should be some way for Sailwave to calculate all 3 elapsed times, given start time, midway time, and finish time, but I don't know how to set it up.

Anyone know how? Regatta starts today; long distance is tomorrow (July 13).

Gail
Summerland Yacht Club RC
Okanagan Lake
British COlumbia, Canada

One way is to export the data that includes north race and long distance elapsed times to excel. Calculate the south race by deducting the time for the north race from the long distance and then importing the calculated result back into Sailwave

I’ve just tried it and it works, though a little fiddly if you’ve not imported such data before

Best of luck

Any problems, post the sailwave file and I could do it for you. Be aware of the time difference though as I’m 5/6 hours ahead of you!

William Carruthers

/)/)/)___/)

(_(___(__

···

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Jul 2012, at 14:57, “plb1937” plb1937@gmail.com wrote:

We do a long distance, north/south race on the first day of Ragatta. It is scored as 3 races - north to the island where a time is taken, back south to the finish, and then the north/south overall time. Regatta involves about 40 boats normally.

I normally score with finish times, and the north and overall are no problem. However, for the south leg, each boat has a different start time. Last year I tried entering the start time individually for each boat, but every time I went into the file, the individual start times were lost and had to be re-entered. I could just enter the north and the overall, then manually figure the elapsed time for each boat for the south leg and enter it that way, but unless I use an elapsed time calculating utility, I can see errors creeping in with the calculations.

I think there should be some way for Sailwave to calculate all 3 elapsed times, given start time, midway time, and finish time, but I don’t know how to set it up.

Anyone know how? Regatta starts today; long distance is tomorrow (July 13).

Gail
Summerland Yacht Club RC
Okanagan Lake
British COlumbia, Canada