Regatta within series

Apologies if this has already been asked.

We race a series of 5 Saturdays with the last Saturday being made up of 3windward leeward races (a mini regatta)

The 3 races should be combined to form one result.
For example if
boat A gets 1,1,2 - net position is 1
Boat B gets 2,3,1 - net position is 2
Boat C gets 3,2,3 - net position is 3

Each boat will get the score of their net position added to the series results. If they dnc this windward leeward day it shall simply by a dnc for the final day (not individual races.

Also There are several windward leeward days throughout the year which the net rank of these is used to make a series.

Therefore:

1. how can I add the net rank from windward leewards day to the series (not individual windward races)?

2. how can I create windward leeward series from the net rank of each windward leeward day?

3. can this be done without making multiple series / entering race results multiple times?

Many thanks,

Hi Alistair,
You can do this simply with Sailwave if I understand correctly
You will need to use multiple files but this is not a problem as you will only enter the data once

For your 3 WW/LW races mini regatta copy the existing file and rename it appropriately.
delete all the races in the new file and this gives the opportunity to change the headings if you so wish score the mini regatta and publish this
Then return to the original file and select Menu - File Merge

This will then add the result of the mini regatta to a new race in the main series.

If you have multiple mini regattas you can then create a series of the mini regattas by using the merge series in a similar manner as above

You don’t need to reenter any of the data twice you just combine it in the way you wish to create the results

Regards

Jon