Running Sailwave on MacBook Pro with PlayOnMac

I’m currently trying to run Sailwave using PlayOnMac on a MacBook Pro (2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel i7) using Monterey 12.7.1. PlayOnMac seems to load OK but during the Sailwave install a ‘Wine Crashed’ error appears. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Glenn,
Firstly, welcome to the Sailwave User Group forum.

I am sorry to hear that you have a problem. Which version of WINE are you using to install Sailwave?

I had a small problem the other day on my openSUSE Linx distribution with a version of WINE. I waited a couple of days and an updated version was installed and the problem went away. I am currently running WINE v8.18.

I do not have a Mac or access to a Mac so can’t help further.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Hugh, thanks for the welcome. I’ve just tried to use 8.18, but to no avail. I think I might have to resort to Crossover, which seems to work OK. Regards, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

OK and thanks for update.

A couple of things since yesterday:

• try an earlier version of WINE say v8.16
  • also when tried updating my system yesterday, it came up with a mono warning - there was not a compatible version of mono available currently.

All best in getting Sailwave working. I do know there are other users running with PlayonMac. Hopefully they will see this thread and be able to offer useful advice.

Kind regards,
Huw

Thanks Huw - I’ll give it a try. Regards, Glenn