RYA NHC - Adjust Handicaps of boats that don't race

Hi Jon,

We have been using Sailwave to generate the RYA NHC results of our series for the past 2 years.

We understand that the RYA decided not to add to their calculation formula this season, an adjustment for boats in a fleet that ‘didn’t race’.

We were disappointed that they didn’t do this as it was obvious from our 1st year of running results on NHC that when a boat stayed ashore for a number of races, they tended to next race with a favourable handicap as the handicaps of frequent racers had been stiffened during this period.

Is there a way we could include this next year, even if the RYA decides not to?

Regards

Peter Ward

BJRC Chairman

Hi Peter,

I have been told by the RYA that they intend to make some adjustments to NHC for next year and I have been invited to a conference call / meeting to discuss the implementation of it. But no date has been set at present for this meeting. I think the main area of change will be around the re-alignment - but now would be a good time to make your point (or repeat) to the RYA (technical@rya.org.uk) before next years changes get finalised

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 9 October 2014 09:27, Peter Ward sailingmiles@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

We have been using Sailwave to generate the RYA NHC results of our series for the past 2 years.

We understand that the RYA decided not to add to their calculation formula this season, an adjustment for boats in a fleet that ‘didn’t race’.

We were disappointed that they didn’t do this as it was obvious from our 1st year of running results on NHC that when a boat stayed ashore for a number of races, they tended to next race with a favourable handicap as the handicaps of frequent racers had been stiffened during this period.

Regards

Peter Ward

BJRC Chairman

Thanks Jon,

I’ll certainly do that.

Cheers

Peter Ward

BJRC Chairman

···

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Peter,

I have been told by the RYA that they intend to make some adjustments to NHC for next year and I have been invited to a conference call / meeting to discuss the implementation of it. But no date has been set at present for this meeting. I think the main area of change will be around the re-alignment - but now would be a good time to make your point (or repeat) to the RYA (technical@rya.org.uk) before next years changes get finalised

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 9 October 2014 09:27, Peter Ward sailingmiles@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Regards

Peter Ward

BJRC Chairman