RYA PYonline

Just my ha’pennyworth. We had the same date format problem uploading data last year. We have a very comprehensive computerised race management and result management system and to get handicap data into PYonline I wrote a program that creates a Sailwave .blw file from our data. I then open that in Sailwave and upload from there. Comments in the code for that program indicate that in 2014 PYonline required dates to be in dd/mm/yy format and the program was also used to upload some results in early 2015. So the RYA must have changed the date format requirement later in 2015.

Ian

Hi Ian
The RYA changed the date format when they went to the new server. In fact they changed the whole uploading method and I had to re write that section of Sailwave to support the new server.

At least the new server does give some feedback as to whether it has accepted it.

Jon

···

On 24 February 2017 at 10:52, Ian Savell iansavell@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Just my ha’pennyworth. We had the same date format problem uploading data last year. We have a very comprehensive computerised race management and result management system and to get handicap data into PYonline I wrote a program that creates a Sailwave .blw file from our data. I then open that in Sailwave and upload from there. Comments in the code for that program indicate that in 2014 PYonline required dates to be in dd/mm/yy format and the program was also used to upload some results in early 2015. So the RYA must have changed the date format requirement later in 2015.

Ian

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

That was my impression too, Ian.
Mike

Lancing SC

···

On 24 Feb 2017 10:52 a.m., “Ian Savell iansavell@gmail.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Ian