Sailwave 2.17.0

A new Beta version has just been posted on the Sailwave site. This is based on 2.16.12 - (see previous postings for changes) with the following additional changes.

The addition of a new column “NewRating” which is a commonly requested feature for NHC users where you can publish the new rating at the same time as the series results. The NewRating column gets updated automatically whenever the series is rescored.

Country codes have also been updated to the latest ISAF versions.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I’ve just tried this 2.17.0 with results using PY ratings in the external NHC mode and all figures in the NewRating column are being returns as 1. TCF convert mode is set to off in the Excel file, and all calculations in Excel are done using PY.

Is this an issue with the way in which SWHelper is reading the new rating back in to the Sailwave file?

Let me know if you want a copy of my files.

Jonathan

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 04 August 2014 00:14
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sailwave] Sailwave 2.17.0

A new Beta version has just been posted on the Sailwave site. This is based on 2.16.12 - (see previous postings for changes) with the following additional changes.

The addition of a new column “NewRating” which is a commonly requested feature for NHC users where you can publish the new rating at the same time as the series results. The NewRating column gets updated automatically whenever the series is rescored.

Jon

Hi Jonathan,

I tested it with standard NHC which is TCF. Give this version of the SWHelper a try

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/SWHelper.EXE Version 1.5.1 Replace the one in the program files (x86)\Sailwave directory with this one

If that works then great otherwise yes I’d like to try with your files

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 4 August 2014 18:05, ‘Jonathan Edwards’ jonathan.p.edwards@btopenworld.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

I’ve just tried this 2.17.0 with results using PY ratings in the external NHC mode and all figures in the NewRating column are being returns as 1. TCF convert mode is set to off in the Excel file, and all calculations in Excel are done using PY.

Is this an issue with the way in which SWHelper is reading the new rating back in to the Sailwave file?

Jonathan

Jon

Hi Jon,

That fixed it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

···

Sent: 04 August 2014 18:37
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Sailwave 2.17.0

Hi Jonathan,

I tested it with standard NHC which is TCF. Give this version of the SWHelper a try

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/SWHelper.EXE Version 1.5.1 Replace the one in the program files (x86)\Sailwave directory with this one

If that works then great otherwise yes I’d like to try with your files

Jon

Jon Eskdale

07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 4 August 2014 18:05, ‘Jonathan Edwards’ jonathan.p.edwards@btopenworld.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Jonathan

Jon

Jon,

I have loaded this programme and SW Helper 1.5.1 but I get no results in the new rating column using NHC in external mode.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Did you have 2.16.7 installed before you upgraded?

If you have the column visible then you are running the correct Sailwave 2.17.0

If then when you score the SWHelper appears and you click update all the new ratings should appear in the newrating column

For this to work SWHelper needs to be 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 and you need to be using the template that was supplied with 2.16.7

You can easily check the version of the template - When you click score and Excel opens switch it to the config worksheet and the version is displayed near the top

Version 2014-01-05-0 is what I have the critical part is

Inline images 1

The *NewRating AA9 which tells it where to get the new rating from

Let me know if you still have an issue

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 5 August 2014 07:05, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

I have loaded this programme and SW Helper 1.5.1 but I get no results in the new rating column using NHC in external mode.

Richard

I am running 2.17.0 with and the template is 2014-01-05-0 with SW Helper 1.5.1. The new rating column
remains blank. As you mention the Column AA shows the new rating but this does not appear in the results.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Just checking - have you made the new column 'New Rating' visible

both for screen & publish?

Another thing to try is to switch to viewing the  ratings and then

switch back to scored positions.

Kind regards,
Huw
···

On 05/08/2014 16:54,
[sailwave] wrote:

richardhopper365@yahoo.com

I am running 2.17.0 with  and the template is

2014-01-05-0 with SW Helper 1.5.1. The new rating column
remains blank. As you mention the Column AA shows the new
rating but this does not appear in the results.

Richard

This email is free from viruses and
malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Hi Richard,

I guess this may be a silly question but you have done a Score or Rescore after opening the file?

The new rating column only gets populated when you do a score/rescore and only if there are NHC competitors

If you are not using NHC then you can rename the column and use it for other purposes - although bear in mind that it is a relatively short field

Try:-

Make sure you have a file with NHC competitors and select internal (Then the template won’t matter) and do a score series - If this does not populate the NewRating column

Then check the version of SWhelper.exe that is running when the calculations are done, in case it is picking up another copy from somewhere else. Switch to external mode and click rescore. Now SWHelper will be open - Start task manager and go to the processes tab and scroll down to SWHelper.EXE - right click and select properties. The General tab will display the location that it is running from and the details tab will display the version.

Inline images 1

Let me know how it goes

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 5 August 2014 16:54, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I am running 2.17.0 with and the template is 2014-01-05-0 with SW Helper 1.5.1. The new rating column
remains blank. As you mention the Column AA shows the new rating but this does not appear in the results.

Richard

Thank you Jon,
I have done a Score when opening the file but the NewRating Column is not populated in external mode.
I have tried NHC internal and the new rating shows correctly. The task manager shows SW Helper in the correct place as version 1.5.1.0 modified 05/08/14.

Richard

Hi Richard

From those results it looks as if you are not actually using the correct template.

You have checked that you have the correct template but has Sailwave been configured to look at a different location for its templates

Menu - Setup - Global options - Folders - Templates This is where Sailwave will get its template from

If you score a race in external mode - then when Excel appears - switch to the config worksheet you should see

Inline images 1

The last two entries should have *NewRating AA9 and *ReAligned AA9

I have just tested it again myself and it works OK for me - Once you click the “Update All” the new ratings are inserted into Sailwave

I assume you are not manually closing the Sailwave Helper without clicking the Update All?

Regards

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 6 August 2014 07:46, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thank you Jon,
I have done a Score when opening the file but the NewRating Column is not populated in external mode.
I have tried NHC internal and the new rating shows correctly. The task manager shows SW Helper in the correct place as version 1.5.1.0 modified 05/08/14.

Richard

Jon thank you. I have checked the Global options but can find no fault. I am attaching a copy of the Config work sheet which is available when Excel appears as I could not read your inline image. I am clicking update all but the new ratings do not appear.
Best wishes

Richhard

Hi Richard,

So do the new ratings appear in the Excel main spreadsheet in the AA column?

If not what version of Excel are you using - Any of the last 3 versions are OK 2007, 2010, 2013 but not the very old 2003

If they are there in the Excel spreadsheet - one last thing we can try is running Microsoft’s Debugview you can download it from

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

Run this before you do the score/rescore and look at the Output of this after the clicking the update all - or save it to a file and email it to me.

You should see some messages that say

To Sailwave New Rating = compnewrating …

Let me know how it goes

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 6 August 2014 18:19, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon thank you. I have checked the Global options but can find no fault. I am attaching a copy of the Config work sheet which is available when Excel appears as I could not read your inline image. I am clicking update all but the new ratings do not appear.
Best wishes

Richhard

Good afternoon Jon,

I have at last got round to doing what you suggested in August. Please see file attached.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Could you try this version of SWHelper.exe Version 1.5.4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/SWHelper.EXE

Hopefully it will work OK

If it doesn’t work could you do the same with the DebugView

Thanks

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 24 September 2014 17:22, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Good afternoon Jon,

I have at last got round to doing what you suggested in August. Please see file attached.

Richard

Jon,
No luck I regret
Richard

Hi Richard,

Perhaps you could send me the blw you are using to test

I can see that the problem is to do with races and which Sailwave thinks were raced.

It has updated the rating for 3 races so race 4 should be being populated but somehow doesn’t think that race 3 was the last sailed race.

Assuming Race 3 was the last race sailed

You could try deleting all races 4 and onwards then add 1 back then rescore. I could advise better if I can see the file.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 29 September 2014 10:41, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,
No luck I regret
Richard

Jon,
Please see file attached.
Richard

Hi Richard,

I have just been through the file you attached to your last message.

I have scored the series and have the next rating showing. To

achieve this I have had to make some changes to the set-up you had:

• change for each race 1-4 the finish type to finish time
    from place

•     enter a start time for each race 1-4, which I have assumed is

the time listed in the “Published start time of first race

•     added a 5th race so that the rating for the next race can be

set
    I have attached my version of the file.

I look forward to your comments.

Kind regards,

Huw

···

On 29/09/2014 15:31,
[sailwave] wrote:

richardhopper365@yahoo.com

Jon,
Richard

This email is free from viruses and
malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Hi Richard,

In the file you sent me you have no 5th race into which to store the new ratings. It warns you about this when you score. If you create a 5th race it works fine

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 29 September 2014 15:31, richardhopper365@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,
Richard