Sailwave 2.29 unable to use code RET

Sailwave 2.29 unable to use code RET. RAF is available but not RET. In the RRS 2021 - 2024 Appendix A lists code RET.

Thanks,

George
LSCF

George,
I am using Sailwave v2.29.0 with scoring code RET.

Question - are you opening an old Sailwave file pre-2021-2024 RRS Appendix A? If you are Sailwave keeps the codes in use at the time the file was created so that code changes are not inadvertently overwritten and change the scoring intention of the time when the file was created.

Two suggestions:

1. Just edit scoring code RAF and change to RET
  2. If you are using an old Sailwave file a s template for a new series, go to the Scoring codes tab of Scoring system. Then click the hand icon at bottom left of window, now select the appropriate Appendix A .

I hope that helps but if you would like to share the Sailwave file you are concerned about then I will take a look at it.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi George,

If there is no RET code then the series was not created with 2.29. If you create a series with version 2.29 then it will have the RET code

However, I guess you have copied a series from a previous series that was created with an earlier version of Sailwave before the codes changed from RAF to RET

It’s not a major problem however as all you have to do is edit the code RAF to be RET

Hope that helps

Jon