[sailwave] Alternate Sail Numbers

Jon

Is there a smart way of getting the last 4 digits of a Laser number into the alt sail column/box without retyping them? I can do it in Excel prior to upload but just wondered if there was a way in Sailwave?

PJ

Hi PJ,

Jon may have something that I am not aware of but I do not know

how might be done in Sailwave.

Quick question though - why do you want last 4 digits in

AltSailNo?

If you want to produce a competitor list for Race teams thane the

external utility that Jon wrote - SWCList - can produce a list of
competitors with full sail number, last four digit and last 3
digit numbers. It also with highlight duplicate last 4 and/or 3
digit numbers.

Kind regards,

Huw

···

On 30/09/2019 10:47,
[sailwave] wrote:

p.jackson76956@gmail.com

Jon

Is there a smart way of getting the last 4 digits of a

Laser number into the alt sail column/box without retyping
them? I can do it in Excel prior to upload but just
wondered if there was a way in Sailwave?

PJ

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Ok Huw I will go and look at SWC list

thanks

Please note

Mobile Number

07463 369419

···

Sent: 30 September 2019 11:10
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Alternate Sail Numbers

Hi PJ,

Jon may have something that I am not aware of but I do not know how might be done in Sailwave.

Quick question though - why do you want last 4 digits in AltSailNo?

If you want to produce a competitor list for Race teams thane the external utility that Jon wrote - SWCList - can produce a list of competitors with full sail number, last four digit and last 3 digit numbers. It also with highlight duplicate last 4 and/or 3 digit numbers.

Kind regards,

Huw

On 30/09/2019 10:47, p.jackson76956@gmail.com [sailwave] wrote:

Jon

Is there a smart way of getting the last 4 digits of a Laser number into the alt sail column/box without retyping them? I can do it in Excel prior to upload but just wondered if there was a way in Sailwave?

PJ

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

I think Huw has answered the question but just a few additions.

The reason you may have wanted the last 4 digits in Sailwave is when you are entering the results

To do this with the Sailno wizard select the Match last 4 chars only

image.png

For printing lists for the committee boat or other competitor list I suggest the easy way is to use the SWCList program this is installed with Sailwave and you will find it in the Start menu under Sailwave

This allows you to create list with 4 digit sail number together with the full sail number and can be sorted on various fields

It also highlights any duplicate numbers by making them in Bold print

Documentation on SWCList is available at https://sites.google.com/site/eskdalesite/home/swclist

One nice thing about SWCList is that any assistant can produce list without having to have the Sailwave file open so an assistant can safely produce lists for committee boat while you are working on the Sailwave file

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Jon

In all my years I have never noticed that. Thanks

PJ

Please note

Mobile Number

07463 369419

···

Sent: 30 September 2019 11:53
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Alternate Sail Numbers

I think Huw has answered the question but just a few additions.

The reason you may have wanted the last 4 digits in Sailwave is when you are entering the results

To do this with the Sailno wizard select the Match last 4 chars only

For printing lists for the committee boat or other competitor list I suggest the easy way is to use the SWCList program this is installed with Sailwave and you will find it in the Start menu under Sailwave

This allows you to create list with 4 digit sail number together with the full sail number and can be sorted on various fields

It also highlights any duplicate numbers by making them in Bold print

Documentation on SWCList is available at https://sites.google.com/site/eskdalesite/home/swclist

One nice thing about SWCList is that any assistant can produce list without having to have the Sailwave file open so an assistant can safely produce lists for committee boat while you are working on the Sailwave file

Jon

Jon Eskdale

Image removed by sender.

03333 443377

07530 112233

Image removed by sender.

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 11:05, p.jackson76956@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon

PJ