Sailwave alternative discards

Hi All,

I’ve only just stumbled across Sailwave and it (almost) exactly what I have been looking for. There is just one thing i can’t seem to be able to do. Our club had regular one design regattas consisting of up to 20 races. Mostly cans races but with a few longer races and one extended passage race. We score using Appendix A low point system.

No problem so far - dead easy.

Now - our club chooses to score longer races with a factor of 1,5 and extended races with a factor of 2, again no problem as you can apply a factor to individual races.

My problem arises with the discard system we use - all as per normal except the the races with a factor we only discard the basic points, so for a 6th place on a factor 2 (extended) race 12 points would be scored with 6 available for discard.

Can Sailwave do this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Really impressed with the program so if not possible to do this then i may suggest to the committee we change the discard policy.

Thanks

JM

Welcome to Sailwave

I’m afraid that is not something that has been previously required and is not therefore in the standard Sailwave.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

On 30 September 2014 15:23, jettymanager@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve only just stumbled across Sailwave and it (almost) exactly what I have been looking for. There is just one thing i can’t seem to be able to do. Our club had regular one design regattas consisting of up to 20 races. Mostly cans races but with a few longer races and one extended passage race. We score using Appendix A low point system.

Now - our club chooses to score longer races with a factor of 1,5 and extended races with a factor of 2, again no problem as you can apply a factor to individual races.

My problem arises with the discard system we use - all as per normal except the the races with a factor we only discard the basic points, so for a 6th place on a factor 2 (extended) race 12 points would be scored with 6 available for discard.

Can Sailwave do this?

Really impressed with the program so if not possible to do this then i may suggest to the committee we change the discard policy.

Thanks

JM

A Solution could be to score these races double. One with the factor one that is discardable, an on with factor half that is indiscardable. I think you can export and import the race so you don’t have to enter the results twice. I admit it’s a little bit odd but doable.

Mvh. Karsten Svenningsen

···

Den 30/09/2014 kl. 16.23 skrev jettymanager@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com:

Hi All,

Can Sailwave do this?

Thanks

JM

Thanks for the replies,

I had come to the same conclusion as Karsten, not particularly elegant but it will work.

Thanks again

JM