[sailwave] Back again....

Just had a similar problem, the username in Sailwave had been incorrectly entered with a leading space which wasn’t obvious, just deleted user and password and re-entered (correctly
this time). If it was only the path missing (in Publish) I would still expect it to ftp OK but to the server root directory. Just a thought

Regards

John

···

Isn’t there something that ftp to a website takes you to a top level directory, but results, etc. have to go to a (writable) sub-directory ?

regards,

Malcolm Osborne

Rondevlei, South Africa

On 2019-06-03 17:06, shindilla@yahoo.com [sailwave] wrote:

> Having escaped the results office for a year or so, I'm back for a cruiser-racer championships, and have a couple of unrelated questions:

>  1. Plan is to publish via FTP to the event website. However, I'm struggling to get FTP to work. Publish to Sailwave folder works OK, and FTP to the event website via a browser works OK (so FTP userid / pwd verified), but FTP from sailwave
> gives "Cannot connect to ftp://<the-event-ftp-site >". I've tried with/without passive. I have it in the back of my mind from some years ago that there is another option elsewhere in Sailwave that affects this - sound
> familiar to anyone, or am I just losing the old marbles?

>  2. Event is multi-class, multi-handicap, so I'll be using Aliases. It's a while since I've done this and wondering if there are any updates to the competitor import function that allows import of alias info.  e.g. on a single line competitor
> A is in 'Class 0 - Scratch' with handicap 1.000, and aliased to 'Class 0 - IRC' with handicap 1.013.

> Thanks, Ian.

[![https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif](https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif)](https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient)

Virus-free.
[
www.avast.com](https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient)

</details>

Just had a similar problem, the username in Sailwave had been incorrectly entered with a leading space which wasn’t obvious, just deleted user and password and re-entered (correctly this time). If it was only the path missing (in Publish) I would still expect it to ftp OK but to the server root directory. Just a thought

Regards

John

···

Isn’t there something that ftp to a website takes you to a top level directory, but results, etc. have to go to a (writable) sub-directory ?

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei, South Africa

Having escaped the results office for a year or so, I’m back for a cruiser-racer championships, and have a couple of unrelated questions:

1. Plan is to publish via FTP to the event website. However, I’m struggling to get FTP to work. Publish to Sailwave folder works OK, and FTP to the event website via a browser works OK (so FTP userid / pwd verified), but FTP from sailwave gives “Cannot connect to ftp://”. I’ve tried with/without passive. I have it in the back of my mind from some years ago that there is another option elsewhere in Sailwave that affects this - sound familiar to anyone, or am I just losing the old marbles?
  1. Event is multi-class, multi-handicap, so I’ll be using Aliases. It’s a while since I’ve done this and wondering if there are any updates to the competitor import function that allows import of alias info. e.g. on a single line competitor A is in ‘Class 0 - Scratch’ with handicap 1.000, and aliased to ‘Class 0 - IRC’ with handicap 1.013.

Thanks, Ian.

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hi Scott,

The FTP settings are saved in the registry of your computer. This is done for security reasons.

Cheers,

Peter

···

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM Scott Lyons scott@germansupply.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Just setting up Sailwave to use FTP results publishing.

Are the global options particular to the application or the file?

Scott Lyons

Oakville, ON

On Jun 3, 2019, at 5:24 PM, John Selby john@16laurel.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Just had a similar problem, the username in Sailwave had been incorrectly entered with a leading space which wasn’t obvious, just deleted user and password and re-entered (correctly this time). If it was only the path missing (in Publish) I would still expect it to ftp OK but to the server root directory. Just a thought

Regards

John

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Back again…

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei, South Africa

Having escaped the results office for a year or so, I’m back for a cruiser-racer championships, and have a couple of unrelated questions:

1. Plan is to publish via FTP to the event website. However, I’m struggling to get FTP to work. Publish to Sailwave folder works OK, and FTP to the event website via a browser works OK (so FTP userid / pwd verified), but FTP from sailwave gives “Cannot connect to ftp://”. I’ve tried with/without passive. I have it in the back of my mind from some years ago that there is another option elsewhere in Sailwave that affects this - sound familiar to anyone, or am I just losing the old marbles?
  1. Event is multi-class, multi-handicap, so I’ll be using Aliases. It’s a while since I’ve done this and wondering if there are any updates to the competitor import function that allows import of alias info. e.g. on a single line competitor A is in ‘Class 0 - Scratch’ with handicap 1.000, and aliased to ‘Class 0 - IRC’ with handicap 1.013.

Thanks, Ian.

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif

The global FTP details you set will apply to all files you publish

John

···

On 3 Jun 2019, at 22:36, Scott Lyons scott@germansupply.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Just setting up Sailwave to use FTP results publishing.

Are the global options particular to the application or the file?

Scott Lyons

Oakville, ON

On Jun 3, 2019, at 5:24 PM, John Selby
john@16laurel.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Just had a similar problem, the username in Sailwave had been incorrectly entered with a leading space which wasn’t obvious, just deleted user and password and re-entered (correctly
this time). If it was only the path missing (in Publish) I would still expect it to ftp OK but to the server root directory. Just a thought

Regards

John

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Back again…

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei, South Africa

On 2019-06-03 17:06, shindilla@yahoo.com [sailwave]
wrote:

1. Plan is to publish via FTP to the event website. However, I’m struggling to get FTP to work. Publish to Sailwave folder works OK, and FTP to the event website via a browser works OK (so FTP userid / pwd verified),
    but FTP from sailwave gives “Cannot connect to ftp://”. I’ve tried with/without passive. I have it in the back of
    my mind from some years ago that there is another option elsewhere in Sailwave that affects this - sound familiar to anyone, or am I just losing the old marbles?
  1. Event is multi-class, multi-handicap, so I’ll be using Aliases. It’s a while since I’ve done this and wondering if there are any updates to the competitor import function that allows import of alias info.
    e.g. on a single line competitor A is in ‘Class 0 - Scratch’ with handicap 1.000, and aliased to ‘Class 0 - IRC’ with handicap 1.013.

Thanks, Ian.

John is correct - there are two stages - the first stage is to connect to the server which requires the server name /ip address and the username and password
If these are correct you should get passed the first stage. If during the second stage there is error 0 then it is likely that you are trying to publish to a nonexistent directory or one that you don’t have rights to.

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Regards

John

···

regards,
Malcolm Osborne
Rondevlei, South Africa

Thanks, Ian.