Sent from my Windows Phone

jimc_hjones

Sent:
01 January 2012 09:35

To:
sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject:
[sailwave] Corrected Time Display

I use the display result cells as corrected times for export to a spreadsheet for handicap analysis. One thing that puzzles me: why are the results shown as hh:mm:ss:/laps? With elspsed time the number of laps is impotant, but surely it has no meaning with
corrected time results as the corrcted time allows for the no of laps completed.

This also allows the results officer to check for any errors. Counting laps on the committee boat can sometimes be difficult as well as ‘input digit’ errors.

I find it useful to sort the corrected times by class to check for any differences in laps. Not a fool proof process but has helped me spot errors from time to time, before the results are posted on the notice board

Regards

Ralph

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Patricia Butterfield
Sent: 01 January 2012 10:13
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [sailwave] Corrected Time Display

Yes but sailors like to see it has been taken into account
Mike

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 01 January 2012 09:35
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sailwave] Corrected Time Display

I use the display result cells as corrected times for export to a spreadsheet for handicap analysis. One thing that puzzles me: why are the results shown as hh:mm:ss:/laps? With elspsed time the number of laps is impotant, but surely it has no meaning with corrected time results as the corrcted time allows for the no of laps completed.