Sailwave Crashing

Hi,

Running Sailwave 2.9.7 for the Northampton Sailing Club.
Recently been having intermittent issues with Windows reporting “Sailwave has stopped working”.
This has occurred on my home PC running Vista and also on the Club PC running XP.
The only way I can get things to work again is to reboot the PC concerned.
Sailwave then works fine.
Is it possible that this is caused by opening Sailwave “BLW” files created with older versions of the Software?

Many thanks

Mike Hulands

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for that.

(Sorry for two posts but have been having some issues with Yahoo).

Think you got it in one as I have recently installed Team Viewer on both PCs.

I do find Team Viewer very useful (to access the club PC from home to upload results etc), so would be reluctant to uninstall.

Is there any way around this?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you do a search on the user group, I posted the solution about a year ago. The problem is Teamviewer attempts to patch programs to add its control. You can tell teamviewer not to do this to a list of files within its settings.

Jon

···

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Jun 2014, at 17:54, “mike.hulands@gmail.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for that.

I do find Team Viewer very useful (to access the club PC from home to upload results etc), so would be reluctant to uninstall.

Many thanks

Mike

Jon,

Many thanks again.

Found your post from July 13th 2013 and have followed the guidance re Team Viewer.

Looks like that will solve the issue…

Again thanks.

Mike

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 16 June 2014 18:16
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Re: Sailwave Crashing

Hi Mike,

If you do a search on the user group, I posted the solution about a year ago. The problem is Teamviewer attempts to patch programs to add its control. You can tell teamviewer not to do this to a list of files within its settings.

Jon

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Jun 2014, at 17:54, “mike.hulands@gmail.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for that.

Many thanks

Mike