[sailwave] fixed penalty

Hugh

Thanks for the reply, what I was trying to achieve was enter the boat as finishing 6th, but show his points as 11 i.e posn plus 5, as there was more than 1 boat OCS, I was trying to find a general way to do this, maybe best I just enter points score manually

Thanks

John

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 26 May 2017 11:20
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] fixed penalty

Hi John,

Entering 6 OCS is wrong. You just need to enter OCS. But to get the points you want allocated you need to edit the scoring code OCS.

To edit scoring code OCS - click Scoring system then click scoring codes tab, when the Scoring codes tab window opens double click the OCS entry. Now change the radio button to the 4th from the bottom and then enter 5 in the value field near the top followed by clicking OK

Default format p c is the default way the result will be displayed when a scoring code is utilised, i.e. the points associated with the scoring code followed by the actual scoring code.

Hope this helps but if you would like screen captures then let me know. I have not included now because I do not know if you get SUG message via email or read on on the Yahoo SUG. The later does not display any images included in a response.

Kind regards,

Huw

On 26/05/2017 10:00, ‘John Selby’ john@16laurel.com [sailwave] wrote:

We score OCS under 1 minute as finishing place plus 5 in our evening pursuit series

Have set OCS as above
It says default format is p c

When I enter results for a boat OCS who actually finished 6th, I enter 6 OCS

However on Scoring Points I get ‘invalid entry’.

Anyone know the correct way to do this please

Thanks

John

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hi John,

What you need to do is create an addition code say OCS1 for use within the 1 minute and then you can configure the code to create finishing place + 5 points

Jon

···

On 26 May 2017 at 12:24, ‘John Selby’ john@16laurel.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hugh

Thanks for the reply, what I was trying to achieve was enter the boat as finishing 6th, but show his points as 11 i.e posn plus 5, as there was more than 1 boat OCS, I was trying to find a general way to do this, maybe best I just enter points score manually

Thanks

John

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 26 May 2017 11:20
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] fixed penalty

Hi John,

Entering 6 OCS is wrong. You just need to enter OCS. But to get the points you want allocated you need to edit the scoring code OCS.

To edit scoring code OCS - click Scoring system then click scoring codes tab, when the Scoring codes tab window opens double click the OCS entry. Now change the radio button to the 4th from the bottom and then enter 5 in the value field near the top followed by clicking OK

Default format p c is the default way the result will be displayed when a scoring code is utilised, i.e. the points associated with the scoring code followed by the actual scoring code.

Hope this helps but if you would like screen captures then let me know. I have not included now because I do not know if you get SUG message via email or read on on the Yahoo SUG. The later does not display any images included in a response.

Kind regards,

Huw

On 26/05/2017 10:00, ‘John Selby’ john@16laurel.com [sailwave] wrote:

We score OCS under 1 minute as finishing place plus 5 in our evening pursuit series

Have set OCS as above
It says default format is p c

When I enter results for a boat OCS who actually finished 6th, I enter 6 OCS

However on Scoring Points I get ‘invalid entry’.

Anyone know the correct way to do this please

Thanks

John

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”