Sailwave in the Cloud?

Question to Sailwave: Are there any plans to create a cloud based version of sailwave? So that users can open a series from any device and add results (potentially from mobile too).
In our club there are a couple of people who enter results from their home PCs.
I can see from the “Concepts” page the solution is to maintain a file that can be either emailed between users or saved in the cloud.
Concepts | Sailwave

And I completely respect that sailwave is free software with a sailing community ethos, and a cloud based platform could be expensive to build. Just wondering if there are any plans to move in that direction. Thanks,

Hi Andy,

Always open to discussions - Time and Cost are big factors, but why do you need to?
I wouldn’t recommend emailing but storing the Sailwave file on a shared cloud drive is ideal You can use Dropbox, pCloud, Google Drive or One Drive or Sync as an example but there are others
These work well as most of them allow a rewind of the file for 30 days or more if you pay a small amount which means that you always have backup copies available should anyone accidentally do something wrong.

A Simple way would be to host Sailwave on your own Windows web server and all the users could access it using remote desktop protocol so you could access it from tablets or PC’s
You would have to pay for the webserver - but you could do this now without any input from us.

Alternatively, you could install it on an old Windows laptop and leave this in the corner somewhere and access this using Google Remote Desktop or similar - Again you could access it from Phones or Tablets etc.

There is software to allow multiple copies of the Sailwave to run on the same server but it is expensive about £750+VAT per year plus the server costs AnyScreen Annual Subscription (New License) – SoftVelocity
Give me a call on the mobile if you want to discuss

Jon

Thanks Jon. Saving the sailwave file in a folder in the cloud seems like the most practical thing.