[sailwave] Re: Getting discard profile to work for high point scoring system

Hi All

While on the subject of high point scoring systems our club is looking at using the Chips 3 in Sailwave to score our Twilight Series. When trying to test the system with last years results we get the following message: Version: 2.19.8. You are using the CHIPS scoring system with a set of codes that is producing negative points. This is usually because you have left the codes set up for high point scoring. When using CHIPS, points will go negative if you setup a code to be based on more than Starters+1.

We have changed the codes showing N+1 to N+0 but still get to same message.

Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong or not doing in our setup that creates these messages.

Kind regards

Wayne Nolan

Hi Wayne - If you would like to post a sample blw demonstrating your issue then I’m sure someone will help you

Jon

···

On 5 October 2015 at 08:20, Wayne Nolan wayne.nolan_2003@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi All

While on the subject of high point scoring systems our club is looking at using the Chips 3 in Sailwave to score our Twilight Series. When trying to test the system with last years results we get the following message: Version: 2.19.8. You are using the CHIPS scoring system with a set of codes that is producing negative points. This is usually because you have left the codes set up for high point scoring. When using CHIPS, points will go negative if you setup a code to be based on more than Starters+1.

We have changed the codes showing N+1 to N+0 but still get to same message.

Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong or not doing in our setup that creates these messages.

Kind regards

Wayne Nolan

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”