[sailwave] Scoring 2 boats with the same finish

I think I can see what happened from looking at your series…

When a result is changed from a position to RDG, Sailwave needs the original position or elapsed time to pad out the results as per Appendix A - i.e. it needs the RDG code, the RDG points and the original position or elapsed time; this will be true of any scoring system; even people. When a code (e.g. OCS) result is changed to RDG - the recorded position would normally be blank indicating that there was not an original position.

It seems that what has happened is that in trying to find a solution you have added a recorded position to the OCS/RDG result of 19th (or perhaps it was 19th before being OCS). However, the upshot is that when scoring, Sailwave thinks the boat had an original position of 19th and thus everything is moved up one place.

If you clear the 19th from the recorded position of the OCS/RDG result and rescore, everything is OK - as far as I can tell anyway…

I would agree that Sailwave is a bit ‘implicit’ in this area and apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you; I’ll work on some usability tweaks.

I’m also thinking along the lines of a scoring report that has various things that the user might like to check - e.g. warn of mixed rating systems, warn of average lap times outside a certain percentage, warn of average handicap values outside a certain percentage, warn of holes in recorded positions, warn of more than N positions of the same value etc etc…

Regards,

Colin

Thanks for the clarification.

Art

···

----- Original Message -----

Colin Jenkins

To: Sailwave User Group

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 5:34 AM

Subject: re: [sailwave] Scoring 2 boats with the same finish

Hi Art/Wes

I think I can see what happened from looking at your series…

When a result is changed from a position to RDG, Sailwave needs the original position or elapsed time to pad out the results as per Appendix A - i.e. it needs the RDG code, the RDG points and the original position or elapsed time; this will be true of any scoring system; even people. When a code (e.g. OCS) result is changed to RDG - the recorded position would normally be blank indicating that there was not an original position.

It seems that what has happened is that in trying to find a solution you have added a recorded position to the OCS/RDG result of 19th (or perhaps it was 19th before being OCS). However, the upshot is that when scoring, Sailwave thinks the boat had an original position of 19th and thus everything is moved up one place.

If you clear the 19th from the recorded position of the OCS/RDG result and rescore, everything is OK - as far as I can tell anyway…

I would agree that Sailwave is a bit ‘implicit’ in this area and apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you; I’ll work on some usability tweaks.

I’m also thinking along the lines of a scoring report that has various things that the user might like to check - e.g. warn of mixed rating systems, warn of average lap times outside a certain percentage, warn of average handicap values outside a certain percentage, warn of holes in recorded positions, warn of more than N positions of the same value etc etc…

Regards,

Colin

`http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sailwave
http://www.sailwave.com/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
sailwave-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

`

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the [Yahoo! Terms of Service](http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/).