sailwave scoring different fleets

Hi

We are quite new to sailwave and have just started to use it live. We run a weekly race that has 3 starts (each with a 5 min interval) and 6 fleets (2 fleets per start) of which some are scored as place and some elapsed. It is the elapsed time fleets we are having a problem with.

Most of our race officers use one stop watch and start it at the first start. This means that all subsequent fleets have to have 5 mins/10 mins taken off their finish times. I have set up individual starts in the edit race box but that does not seem to help, is there a way that sailwave can do this automatically?

Thanks

Issy

Hi Issy

Edit each start by changing the ‘Finishes recorded as’ to finish time & then enter the start time as 0hrs 0mins, 0hrs 5mins or 0 hrs 10 mins for the relevant fleet

This should then work with the RO’s stop watch times

Regards

Ralph

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elisabeth Edwards
Sent: 06 July 2010 08:30
To:
sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sailwave] sailwave scoring different fleets

Hi

We are quite new to sailwave and have just started to use it live. We run a weekly race that has 3 starts (each with a 5 min interval) and 6 fleets (2 fleets per start) of which some are scored as place and some elapsed. It is the elapsed time fleets we are having a problem with.

Most of our race officers use one stop watch and start it at the first start. This means that all subsequent fleets have to have 5 mins/10 mins taken off their finish times. I have set up individual starts in the edit race box but that does not seem to help, is there a way that sailwave can do this automatically?

Thanks

Issy

Issy,

Short answer yes. Just consider the races as if they had actual strta times according to the 24-hour clock. So for each start change the times from elapsed to finish time and set the start time as 000000 for first start, 000005 for second start and 000010 for third start.

Kind regards,
Huw

···

--- In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, Elisabeth Edwards <issyedwards@...> wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Issy

Hi

Great, thanks! I will give that a bash!

Issy

···

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 8:44:31
Subject: RE: [sailwave] sailwave scoring different fleets

Hi Issy

Edit each start by changing the ‘Finishes recorded as’ to finish time & then enter the start time as 0hrs 0mins, 0hrs 5mins or 0 hrs 10 mins for the relevant fleet

This should then work with the RO’s stop watch times

Regards

Ralph

From: sailwave@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:sailwave@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Elisabeth Edwards
To:
sailwave@yahoogroup s.com

Hi

Thanks

Issy

Hi Ralph,

There’s a surprise.

I was going to be tyeh results person but the RYA pulled rank and
requested my services at the Laser Radial Worlds/Europeans in Largs - I
fly up tomorrow afternoon for 2.5 weeks.

Gabrielle, DWSC MAnager, told me that she had found a replacement but
did not tell me who, sorry.

You do know that you can’t anchor CB’s at Datchet, they have to be
moored to bouys that have been laid?

Kind regards,

Huw

···

mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups. com]
On Behalf Of Elisabeth Edwards
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com