[sailwave] Time adjustment

It could be either I. Am thinking of at a redress hearing. It could only be in timed races. This is valid for redress standing by a disabled boat or incorrect ocs. Could have a universal benefit.

Mike Butterfield ij

···

Sent from my Windows Phone

Jon Eskdale

Sent:
29/11/2012 19:18

To:
sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject:
Re: [sailwave] Time adjustment

Hi Kett,

So what you are requesting is a time penalty that is applied on a single race rather like the DPI code but you enter a time (+ or -) and this is added to their time for the race.

Is this time added to their true time or to their corrected time?

Jon

On 29 November 2012 15:30, kett63 kett@cumminsnola.com wrote:

Jon,

I have a feature request, which I concede may be difficult to implement. I would like the ability to apply an elapsed time adjustment - penalty OR credit - in a redress-type format. One work-around is the aggregate time function (add a dummy race called “time
adj”, etc.), however, this method cannot handle a time CREDIT (negative time entry). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kett Cummins

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

It could be either I. Am thinking of at a redress hearing. It could only be in timed races. This is valid for redress standing by a disabled boat or incorrect ocs. Could have a universal benefit.

Curious how you can be incorrectly OCS. Either you are OCS or not. If you think you are OCS and come back following display of X flag and you weren’t that’s your fault?

Assume the RC announces a boat as OCS but she really wasn't. The boat comes back and re-starts but since she wasn't really OCS she didn't actually need to do that. The RC didn't follow the proper procedures. The boat's finishing score was make significantly worse. So, the boat would be entitled to redress.

I had this happen at a National Championship once. In that case the RC realized the mistake and they were the ones to ask for redress on behalf of the boat. The competitor (a junior sailor) was surprised the RC would do that, but of course it was the right thing for the RC to do. As the jury, we had to determine what redress would be appropriate and awarding time would certainly be an option to consider (I seem to remember we awarded average points as it was the last race of a 10 or 11 race series).

Art

···

On 11/29/2012 2:14 PM, yahoo@wittongilbert.free-online.co.uk wrote:

It could be either I. Am thinking of at a redress hearing. It

could only be in timed races. This is valid for redress standing by a
disabled boat or incorrect ocs. Could have a universal benefit.

Curious
how you can be incorrectly OCS. Either you are OCS or not. If you think
you are OCS and come back following display of X flag and you weren't
that's your fault?

Jon, I think you’d want it on elapsed time, rather than corrected.

Good idea, probably.

jrc

···

On Thursday, November 29, 2012, Patricia Butterfield pmbutterfield@msn.com wrote:

Mike Butterfield ij

Sent from my Windows Phone

Jon Eskdale

Sent:
29/11/2012 19:18

To:
sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject:
Re: [sailwave] Time adjustment

Hi Kett,

So what you are requesting is a time penalty that is applied on a single race rather like the DPI code but you enter a time (+ or -) and this is added to their time for the race.

Is this time added to their true time or to their corrected time?

Jon

On 29 November 2012 15:30, kett63 kett@cumminsnola.com wrote:

Jon,

I have a feature request, which I concede may be difficult to implement. I would like the ability to apply an elapsed time adjustment - penalty OR credit - in a redress-type format. One work-around is the aggregate time function (add a dummy race called “time
adj”, etc.), however, this method cannot handle a time CREDIT (negative time entry). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kett Cummins

Jon Eskdale
07976 709777

Skype “eskdale”

John R Culter
Medinet Vancouver
604 742-8832 or 604 908-3118 mobile