Sailwave will not load

Hi

I am having trouble loading Sailwave.

I have been using for years with no issue, but just recently, I cannot get it to launch, the application flashes up on screen then closes almost immediately.

I am using Windows 7 and have tried uninstalling and re installing with no luck

Hi Ian,

First - have you recently installed Teamviewer? This is the most likely culprit. Teamviewer very nastily attempts to modify programs and causes many to crash including some Microsoft programs. Teamviewer are aware of this and support adding a list of programs that it will not attempt to modify. I don’t know why they do it - it causes a lot of hassle. If you are running the latest install of Sailwave there is a program which installs with Sailwave, that I wrote called Teamviewerfix, which is in the Sailwave directory. If you have installed Teamviewer and running this program doesn’t fix it please let me know with the versions your are running, or read the Teamviewer documentation and configure it to not modify Sailwave.

Jon

···

On 10 April 2016 at 17:56, isturland@sky.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi

I have been using for years with no issue, but just recently, I cannot get it to launch, the application flashes up on screen then closes almost immediately.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Jon

···

Yes I have been running team viewer for s while as I remote support my race timing applications around the country

Will try your fix and let you know

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Apr 2016, at 19:34, Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi Ian,

First - have you recently installed Teamviewer? This is the most likely culprit. Teamviewer very nastily attempts to modify programs and causes many to crash including some Microsoft programs. Teamviewer are aware of this and support adding a list of programs that it will not attempt to modify. I don’t know why they do it - it causes a lot of hassle. If you are running the latest install of Sailwave there is a program which installs with Sailwave, that I wrote called Teamviewerfix, which is in the Sailwave directory. If you have installed Teamviewer and running this program doesn’t fix it please let me know with the versions your are running, or read the Teamviewer documentation and configure it to not modify Sailwave.

Jon

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 10 April 2016 at 17:56, isturland@sky.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi

Unfortunately this didn’t fix it, trying to find where in TV I disable program modification

···

Hi

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Hi Ian,

Notice your mention of race timing applications and would be

interested in knowing some more information.

Kind regards,
Huw
···

On 10/04/2016 19:49, Ian Stir land
[sailwave] wrote:

isturland@sky.com

Hi Jon

Yes I have been running team

viewer for s while as I remote support my race timing
applications around the country

Will try your fix and let you

know

Sent from my iPhone
          On 10 Apr 2016, at 19:34, Jon Eskdale
          [sailwave] <>

wrote:

Hi Ian,

First - have you recently installed Teamviewer?

This is the most likely culprit. Teamviewer very
nastily attempts to modify programs and causes
many to crash including some Microsoft programs.
Teamviewer are aware of this and support adding a
list of programs that it will not attempt to
modify. I don’t know why they do it - it causes a
lot of hassle. If you are running the latest
install of Sailwave there is a program which
installs with Sailwave, that I wrote called
Teamviewerfix, which is in the Sailwave
directory. If you have installed Teamviewer and
running this program doesn’t fix it please let me
know with the versions your are running, or read
the Teamviewer documentation and configure it to
not modify Sailwave.