Saving Finish Time(s) for Excluded Competitor

We are now requiring the competitors to submit a Race Entry Form to be scored in our weekly series. We collect finish times for all competitors regardless of submitting the form or not so that if they submit the form at a later date during the series their finish times are remembered. However, if a competitor has a finish time and not a code (e.g., DNF) recorded for the race and is marked excluded, when the series is rescored, the recorded finish time is deleted from the blw file but codes are remembered. Is there a way that the finish time(s) for an excluded competitor can be retained so that if the excluded flag is removed, the competitor will get the previously recorded finish time(s) and be scored correctly for the entire series? Note that we have aliased the competitors to multiple fleets to allow combining fleets into an Overall fleet via handicap adjustments and are using Wind Indexed Rating to allow PHRF of the Chesapeake ratings based on course type (Windward Leward vs Circular course handicaps).

Attached is a sample blw with all sailed competitors included, Mark Tulip as excluded to observe the behavior.
2023_PHRF_Spring_Low_Points_Wind_Indexed.blw (179.1 KB)

Thanks,
Tom Owen
Dahlgren Yacht Club

Hi Tom,

Just had a little play. (Had to turn off auto set rating for each fleet in scoring) I can see the Time disappears in the column when you score when excluded but it appears to still be stored against result and is restored when competitor is UN-excluded and rescored.

Cheers
Keith

Keith,

That is exactly the way that I remembered it should work, but for whatever reasons it did not seem to be the case when i tested it. When I saw the finish times disappear, I guess I did not continue to un-exclude and rescore, It now works as you indicated and there should not be an issue. My bad!

Thanks, and have a great day,

Tom