Scoring by fleet publishes blank page?

Hi! I have what might be a really basic question, but I can’t seem to find a way around this. I have a single fleet of 13 J24’s. We have five days of racing in a series, with multiple races each day. I was scoring the series without issue, until we realized that it was not sorting the tie breakers appropriately for Appendix A 8.1. I scored the series instead by “fleet”, which does fix the tie breakers. However, when I try to publish the results, it now comes out as a blank page. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
I presume you have checked the box on the left side of the first publish screen to publish series results.

If you send the file I will take a look and see if I can spot anything.

Kind regards,
Huw

I do have that checked. Because I am a new user today, I am being blocked from sending attachments, so I cannot send you my file…

Hi Alex - I’ve increased your permissions so you should be able to attach the file now
Jon

Frostbite 19-20 Series 3.blw (29.2 KB)
Specifically the problem I was having was with the 2 boats with the 26 point nett. The Carlson/Santamaria boat should be ranked higher than the racing class based on the tie breaker. I did get them to be higher with the fleet sorting, but then I cannot publish the scores.

Hi Alex,
The reason you get a blank page when publishing the results is because you have the checkbox for “Sort results by field after scoring” checked and you have no fleet name defined, it is blank. When I populated the Fleet field with something and tested, I did not get a blank page of results.

I also unchecked it and scored series, the competitors with 26 points Net are ranked in the order I would expect according to standard Appendix A tie break rules:
10th Lars Carlson/John Santamaria
11th Racing Class

For me scoring with check box checked and unchecked produces the expected rank order for the two boats in question.

I hope I have not missed anything.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Alex,
Should have said in previous post that it is an odd thing. I do not recall having had this situation before. Perhaps Jon when he has a moment can look at the code and see if there is an easy fix for when Fleet field blank and the checkbox checked.

Kind regards,
Huw

The reason is if you tick this box

image.png

then you are creating groups

and when you publish you need to select the groups you wish to publish

image.png

But as you have no fleets defined you can’t select any to include.

If you untick the box in the score series then you will notice the include these scored groups is disabled

Hope that helps

Jon

Thank you so much for your help! I knew I was missing something really basic - just needed a bit of help determining what! I didn’t realize I had to get into adding fleets since I only had one. It completely makes sense now. I have sorted and exporting everything appropriately.

Thanks again for the quick response and resolution. We’re big fans of Sailwave!
Alex at Boston Sailing Center