Scoring overall and a single division in the same published file

I’m a little embarrassed to ask this, but I’m in the middle of scoring the Mexican J70 Nationals. They score “Overall” and “Corinthian”. Corinthian is a subset of all boats. Right now, I’m scoring all boats as one, publishing, then scoring again by division and publishing only the Corinthian division. I then have to remember to change the published file name that I FTP to the server.

Is there a way I can score and publish once, showing all boats and just the Corinthian division on the same upload? I keep thinking there’s some sort of magic I can do with aliases that will allow me to do this, but I’m not clear on all that.

Hi Andy,
It might be possible using Aliases but need to know if Corinthian results are extracted or scored completely separately. If scored completely separately the rankings could change between overall and Corinthian scored separately!

I learnt this to my cost many years ago at an Optimist event!

Kind regards,
Huw

Corinthian results are scored as a separate division, completely separately. So, if the first Corinthian boat over the line is third overall, he is first in the Corinthian results, third in the Overall results. So, an extremely good Corinthian crew could podium twice. Is that what you were asking?

What happened in your Optimist event?

Hummm, now I’m not so sure. I’m looking at what they did with Yacht Scoring last year, and it looks like the Corinthian division was extracted.

https://yachtscoring.com/event_results_detail.cfm?Race_Number=9&eID=12915

Yep! I get to rescore the first three races. Points are the same as overall, they just extract the Corinthians.

So, any advice on how I do that?

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, the Results link you sent does not help as they just show the rank for each category and not the individual race results which would have helped me make an guess. However, I read the 2020 SI and ANEXO E I4 translated via Google translate states “The Corinthian Division will be scored as a subdivision of the entire fleet using each competitor’s points.” Extracted results for me!

Sorry I do not know a way of doing it using aliases when a sub division, i.e. Corinthian, is using extracted results.

Kind regards,
Huw

Okay. Can you remind me how to extract the results of a particular group? I don’t care if I get them all on the same file, as long as I have the scores correct.

Got it. Just used the sort after scoring feature and selected that one division to publish. I’ll worry about putting it all in the same html file later!

Hi Andy,
Well done.

Sorry I had forgotten about that option I was thinking about aliases :frowning:

Kind regards,
Huw