Scoring

We have just held a Regatta and for one of the trophies the Dragon Class had a potential for 5 races to be sailed. The sailing instructions stated that if 5 races were sailed then 1 discard would be allowed but 'NOT THE SUNDAY RACE' which was the last (5th) race.

I couldn't find a way of making the 5th race non-discadable and applying the discard to one of the first four races.

I got around the problem by publishing the 5 races without discards and then took the discarded race aloud in the first 4 races from the net figure and then sorted the results on the net column. When printed I crossed through the relevent discaded result for each competitor.

Is there a way of not allowing the last race ( or any nominated race) to be discarded without going to this trouble??

regards Roger

Roger,

It is very easy of you know where to go…

1. Go to Edit+Edit Race

1. Select the race you wish to modify and click OK.

1. Select the start and question and click Edit.

Check “This race is not discardable”

Mark Townsend
s_mark_townsend@hotmail.com

···

Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:07 PM

To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [sailwave] Scoring

We have just held a Regatta and for one of the trophies the Dragon Class had a potential for 5 races to be sailed. The sailing instructions stated that if 5 races were sailed then 1 discard would be allowed but ‘NOT THE SUNDAY RACE’ which was the last (5th) race.

I couldn’t find a way of making the 5th race non-discadable and applying the discard to one of the first four races.

I got around the problem by publishing the 5 races without discards and then took the discarded race aloud in the first 4 races from the net figure and then sorted the results on the net column. When printed I crossed through the relevent discaded result for each competitor.

Is there a way of not allowing the last race ( or any nominated race) to be discarded without going to this trouble??

regards Roger