Scorpion Class Publishing Effect

A member of the Scorpion Class here in the UK has developed a specific publishing effect for the class for their National Championship results. The results and how the effect works can be seen at

Kind regards,
Huw

Wow, some great work, and a LOT of coding.

I think one challenge is going to be to adapting this to other events, as a lot of the specific column sort and filter keys are hard coded based on the specific classes of the event. Makes me wish there was an easy way to upload to a database and use SQL to do the sorting and output.

Still, a bit if up-front work to get the presentation right should provide a really nice result!

Thanks to the Scorpion Class for their hard work, and to Huw for sharing.

Andy

That would be me. The script has also now been used by the Merlin Rockets.

As noted, it’s quite a lot of code. (Almost) all of the configuration is at the top of the javascript (I’ll fix that “almost” at some point), and setting it up for the Merlins didn’t look to be too hard. However, it does require that column names and category values exactly match those exported from Sailwave.

I was wondering if there was a way to perform that configuration within Sailwave? This would make reuse of the script much easier.

I’m also a bit nervous about the team results - I wanted the team results to be in the same place, and I wanted to be able to see all boats in each team (not least of all, as a way to check the results). This calculates the results for teams within the javascript, which breaks the model that Sailwave does the calculations and the browser does the display.

I’m quite novice with Sailwave (that was my second event processing results) and javascript (my first piece of javascript), so it’s likely that I’ve missed something along the line. However, if there were suggestions for how to improve on either of these areas, I’d be happy to incorporate them.