SCP not calculating correctly

Small race with 6 boats. One boat was given a penalty of 40% of number of competitors + 1(7*40%=2.8) I would have expected 2.8 or 3 but it shows a score of 7? Is there something I need to change to get it to calculate correctly?

Relatively new to Sailwave but love it.

s

Hi - Welcome to Sailwave

If you would like to share you Sailwave file (.blw) I’ll have a look for you

Jon

One thing I should have added is a penalty is added to their existing score - does that explain it?

Jon

Also, the boat’s score shall not be worse that Did Not Finish (DNF) and this could this explain the score of 7. The scores of other boats shall not be changed; therefore, two boats may receive the same score.

Peter

···

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:54 AM, jon@sailwave.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

One thing I should have added is a penalty is added to their existing score - does that explain it?

Jon

Here’s the file. The other competitor’s scores changed as well. In this instance, the penalty boat came in first before teh protest, Now the penalty boat has a score of 7 and the boats that came in 2nd, 3rd etc all moved up a place.

Hi there… I’m no expert but:

• When one boat gets a DSQ, rescoring all other competitors is what has to be done… That is how the scoring system works… (scoring for DSQ in appendix A6.1).
  • If you don’t want that to happen, then score the one boat using RDG code, but this should only be done if Rule 62.1 applies, which is very specific (scoring for RDG in appendix A6.2).

Hope this helps at least to guide you…

···

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:55 PM, perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

​​

Here’s the file. The other competitor’s scores changed as well. In this instance, the penalty boat came in first before teh protest, Now the penalty boat has a score of 7 and the boats that came in 2nd, 3rd etc all moved up a place.

Thomas Armstrong

in flickr g+ - www.cvrc.cl

The problem is that the boat never had an original finish position. Eg. When I entered her original score as 1st, the SCP penalty changed the race points to 3. (1+round(6*.40)=3 You’ll see that there will be two boats with a score of 3 and no boats with a score of 1.

Here is RRS 44.3©

The race score for a boat that takes a Scoring Penalty shall be
the score she would have received without that penalty, made
worse by the number of places stated in the sailing instructions.
However, she shall not be scored worse than Did Not Finish.
When the sailing instructions do not state the number of places,
the number shall be the whole number (rounding 0.5 upward) nearest to 20% of the number of boats entered. The scores of
other boats shall not be changed; therefore, two boats may
receive the same score.

Peter

···

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:55 AM, perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks for the info. Seems like you are describing an editing issue on my part.

···

I entered the 1st per the finish sheets, I received the protest form and the used the sail number wizard to change the score from 1st to Scp. What steps should I have followed?

Sent from my iPad

On 25/11/2015, at 7:37 AM, Peter van Muyden pvanmuyden@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

The problem is that the boat never had an original finish position. Eg. When I entered her original score as 1st, the SCP penalty changed the race points to 3. (1+round(6*.40)=3 You’ll see that there will be two boats with a score of 3 and no boats with a score of 1.

Here is RRS 44.3©

the number shall be the whole number (rounding 0.5 upward) nearest to 20% of the number of boats entered. The scores of
receive the same score.

Peter

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:55 AM, perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Use the sail number wizard to enter the original finish position. Don’t use the sail number wizard to alter a score to DSQ, OSC,etc, but right click on the cell in question and enter the scoring code. In the way the original position is still maintained.

See below.

Inline image 1

Peter

···

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Susan perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I entered the 1st per the finish sheets, I received the protest form and the used the sail number wizard to change the score from 1st to Scp. What steps should I have followed?

Sent from my iPad

On 25/11/2015, at 7:37 AM, Peter van Muyden pvanmuyden@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Here is RRS 44.3©

receive the same score.

Peter

Thanks for that tip. All is good.

···

Cheers,

S

Sent from my iPad

On 25/11/2015, at 7:54 AM, Peter van Muyden pvanmuyden@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Use the sail number wizard to enter the original finish position. Don’t use the sail number wizard to alter a score to DSQ, OSC,etc, but right click on the cell in question and enter the scoring code. In the way the original position is still maintained.

See below.

Peter

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Susan perrysusanann@yahoo.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Sent from my iPad

Here is RRS 44.3©

receive the same score.

Peter