Series results vs race results

We have various series that last over the summer . They are sailed once a month . there are 7 races in each series. Entering a series there are 20+ competitors not all competing in all of the 7 races. probably each of the monthly races average 10 competitors.
We issue results for the race held in the month;
So if say only 10 race in race 1 (1 of which is DNF) he get a score of +1 (10) from the last competitor. Say Race 2 a similar situation of 10 boats not all the same but say 2 boats are DNF gets 1+ the last finisher in the race. This fine for the individual race but at the end of the series there could be 22 competitors that have raced at least some of the races which will have DNF (DNC etc) scores in their Talley’s of 23. This is resulting in confusion at the conclusion of the series because we have published individual race results that have DNF etc of a much lesser number. I understand that RRS 90.3 (e) does not allow change to race results after a period of time.
How do we get around this confusion.

As a separate question : is there an option to lock results in earlier races to prevent changes that could be inadvertent or because of a change in SI maybe necessitated by the change in rules on 1/1/25.
We race from October 24 to May 25

Hi Mike,

If I understand your question correctly.
If they are individual races - you could change the definition of DNC and DNF to be the number of boats in Race + 1 instead of Series + 1
e.g.

Would this work for you?

As for the question of locking earlier races. There is no provision for locking race results other than if you enable the qualifier and finals

and then enabling it

Once you have entered a result for a finals race then all qualifiers are lock from recalculation. You could use this mechanism if you wish you would just change the first finals race to change which races are locked
You would also have to change the Race numbers manually to be R1, R2, R3 … as they would be autonumbered Q1, Q2, Q3 … F1,F2,F3 but if that is what you want it should work

Let me know

Jon