Setup NHC and IRC for 2 divisions

Hi. I have setup a series that has 2 separate divisions that are to be scored as IRC and NHC using the alias function. Not all boats have an IRC rating, no problem. However, each division on many occasions will be sailing different courses so it is essential to have each division’s NHC handicaps calculated separately. At the moment when scoring the series, the IRC results are calculated as separate divisions (as expected) but the NHC handicaps are calculated as if there is only 1 division not 2. How can these NHC division’s handicaps be calculated separately?

Bob Schahinger (RSAYS, South Australia)

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the Forum.
If you can send me your Sailwave file I will take a look and then be better able to advise. My email address is huw@sailwave.com.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Rob,
I have looked at the file you sent me and will reply by email. I will then update this thread for others to take note of the information. I will also be updating the User Guide about setting up progressive rating/handicap systems that use the functionality included in Sailwave to initially support RYA NHC progressive rating system, but it can be used with custom developed Excel external spreadsheet that allows users to create their own rating algorithms.

Kind regards,
Huw