Small Mixed Fleet, Single & Multihulls Club Racing PYA Handicaps

Where do I start ? Similar classes have vastly different production years. We use the PYA system with some parameters. Where do I start?
Kind Regards,
Kamil Khan
Commodore
Karachi Yacht Club
est.1911

Hi Kamil,

Firstly welcome to the Sailwave User Group.

Each individual boat can have its own rating/handicap.

Please could you explain or provide a link to PYA system? This will help me to give best advice.

FYI - there is a Sailwave User Guide available for download from the Sailwave web site via link on this page Sailwave User Guide | Sailwave.

Kind regards,
Huw

Dear SailWave Team,
My question regarding the “Portsmouth Yardstick Handicaps” is that we not only work with boat handicaps but personal and crew handicaps as well. Is it possible to enter each helms handicap and crew handicaps and have certain parameters in place for the helsman handicaps to adjust depending on the performance of the helmsman after each race. Your guidance and help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Kamil Aziz Khan
Commodore

Karachi Yacht Club

Hi Huw,
greetings from Karachi, Pakistan.
PYH Porstmouth Yardstick Handicaps
Can sailwave adjust each helmsman / crew personal handicap not boat handicap based on a series of races.
Kind Regards, Kamil.

Perhaps the NHC system would work - adjusts the handicap per race?

Hi Kamil,
Sailwave also has Aliases feature so you can score the results of a race using different handicaps but only enter the results once

So you could have a set of results based on the Boat Handicap and a set of results based on the Helm Handicap.
The Helm Handicap could be adjusted automatically after each race.

If you could supply more details on what you wish to achieve I’m sure someone will help you

Regards
Jon