Starting a new Series using NHC handicaps

I use the mechanism suggested in a previous post to switch from one series to the next: Delete all races in the old series except the extra dummy race (which becomes R1 in the new series as it contains the New PY for all the competitors) then add 13 new races for the extra 12 races and the Dummy race.

My question is: If I “exclude all unsailed competitors” after R1 (to keep it looking tidy) and then un-check the “Excluded” check box in the competitor entry when they next sail, will the New PY still exist for these competitors in R1 and be used for their first race?

Or will excluding /un-excluding mean they revert back to the boat’s base RYA PY?

Thanks in advance

Still learning

Mark.

Excluding and unexcluding will not change the ratings stored in R1

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Sorry for the delayed reply. Missed the response…

Thanks very much. That is great.

Mark.

···

Sent: 08 September 2019 08:26
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] Starting a new Series using NHC handicaps

Jon

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 at 16:32, junkemail@talktalk.net [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I use the mechanism suggested in a previous post to switch from one series to the next: Delete all races in the old series except the extra dummy race (which becomes R1 in the new series as it contains the New PY for all the competitors) then add 13 new races for the extra 12 races and the Dummy race.

My question is: If I “exclude all unsailed competitors” after R1 (to keep it looking tidy) and then un-check the “Excluded” check box in the competitor entry when they next sail, will the New PY still exist for these competitors in R1 and be used for their first race?

Or will excluding /un-excluding mean they revert back to the boat’s base RYA PY?

Thanks in advance

Still learning

Mark.

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Jon,

I have just un-excluded a competitor that I excluded earlier in the series as well as the associated Alias for that competitor.

Now when I enter a result for the non-alias it isn’t adding a score for the Alias. I.e. I think that the link to the Alias seems to be broken.

Any Ideas?

Mark.

···

Sent: 30 September 2019 20:43
Subject: RE: [sailwave] Starting a new Series using NHC handicaps

Mark.

To: sailwave@yahoogroups…com

Jon

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 at 16:32, junkemail@talktalk.net [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Thanks in advance

Still learning

Mark.

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

You can link the Alias to the non-Alias competitor if you edit the competitor

e.g.

image.png

Jon

···

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that tab under edit competitor. For some reason both the Laser Radial and Laser 4.7 aliases were linked to the Laser 4.7 non-aliased entry for one helm.

Sorted now though,

Thanks for the help.

Mark.

···

On 14 Oct 2019 22:06, “Jon Eskdale jon@sailwave.com [sailwave]” sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

You can link the Alias to the non-Alias competitor if you edit the competitor

e.g.

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 21:50, junkemail@talktalk.net [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jon,

I have just un-excluded a competitor that I excluded earlier in the series as well as the associated Alias for that competitor.

Now when I enter a result for the non-alias it isn’t adding a score for the Alias. I.e. I think that the link to the Alias seems to be broken.

Any Ideas?

Mark.

Sent: 30 September 2019 20:43
Subject: RE: [sailwave] Starting a new Series using NHC handicaps

Mark.

To: sailwave@yahoogroups…com

Jon

Thanks in advance

Still learning

Mark.

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377

07530 112233