SW personal Handicap

I know this has been covered before but I cannot find my answer in the forum, sorry!
We run a staggard starting handicap every second week. We make up some handicaps and try to get all the boats finishing at the same time. Some call it a sternchaser event.
I am trying to fine tune our handicaps by using the internal PHC within SW.
I have created aliases for all boats in that fleet, and placed them into a different fleet, told SW to use the elapsed times and used the internal PHC system.
SW does not seem to calculate any personal handicaps, having them all at 0.00.
Could you please have a look at my files and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Hi Robert,

The reason they are all 0.000 is because you haven’t set a starting handicap

for this I just set them to 1

Inline images 1

I also note that you are getting a missing expression as you have set a custom rating system but have not supplied the e an r expressions

If you don’t want to use these then simply enter a 1 as below and you won’t get an error

Inline images 2

Jon

···

On 26 December 2016 at 22:42, robert.d.morton@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I know this has been covered before but I cannot find my answer in the forum, sorry!
We run a staggard starting handicap every second week. We make up some handicaps and try to get all the boats finishing at the same time. Some call it a sternchaser event.
I have created aliases for all boats in that fleet, and placed them into a different fleet, told SW to use the elapsed times and used the internal PHC system.

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

Thanks Jon,

That sorts it!

I also ‘disinherited’ the other scoring systems in that file.

I was outing up with the ‘missing expression’ error, but it is much better without that too.

Thank you very much!

Rob Morton
Sent while on the road
Mobile: 0428 246 903

···

Sent: Wednesday, 28 December 2016 05:43
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sailwave] SW personal Handicap

Hi Robert,

The reason they are all 0.000 is because you haven’t set a starting handicap

for this I just set them to 1

Inline images 1

I also note that you are getting a missing expression as you have set a custom rating system but have not supplied the e an r expressions

If you don’t want to use these then simply enter a 1 as below and you won’t get an error

Inline images 2

Jon

Jon Eskdale

07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”

On 26 December 2016 at 22:42, robert.d.morton@gmail.com [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote: