Thistle Nationals Scoring for DNF, Retired and TLE.

Hello All,

We are using Low Point Scoring for the Thistle Nationals. I am facing the same problem that Manolo faced with his round robin races: The racers want to see how they did in each race. The fleets remain A, B, C, D ; but the Divisions I and II change which each race. (Think of Divisions as Start 1 and Start 2.)

Round Robin Races to qualify for Championship or President’s Divisions:

Race 1 = Division I A, B; Division II C, D

Race 2 = Division I A, C; Division II B, D

Race 3 = Division I B, C; Division II A, D

Championship Division has four more races with no discards including the round robin races.

President’s Division has four more races, no discards, excludes the round robin races.

I think I will have to change the Divisions for each race. I am planning to set up three Sailwave files to do this, one for each of the three races. Once we have completed the Round Robin races I will separate the racers into two files, one for the Championship Division and one for the President’s.

So my question is: Is there an easier way than setting up different series files to handle the Division I and II round robin races in Sailwave?

Thank you. Selby Winkler, MBYC

By setting the starts for each race to represent the appropriate divisions, you can use one file for the round robins

Edit race 1 so that start 1 competitors = fleets A & B, start 2 competitors = fleets C & D

Use the same idea for races 2 & 3

When you score, group by division

Hope this helps

William Carruthers

···

Sent from my iToy

On 16 Jul 2012, at 19:18, “Selby Winkler” selbywink@att.net wrote:

Hello All,

We are using Low Point Scoring for the Thistle Nationals. I am facing the same problem that Manolo faced with his round robin races: The racers want to see how they did in each race. The fleets remain A, B, C, D ; but the Divisions I and II change which each race. (Think of Divisions as Start 1 and Start 2.)

Round Robin Races to qualify for Championship or President’s Divisions:

Race 1 = Division I A, B; Division II C, D

Race 2 = Division I A, C; Division II B, D

Race 3 = Division I B, C; Division II A, D

Championship Division has four more races with no discards including the round robin races.

President’s Division has four more races, no discards, excludes the round robin races.

I think I will have to change the Divisions for each race. I am planning to set up three Sailwave files to do this, one for each of the three races. Once we have completed the Round Robin races I will separate the racers into two files, one for the Championship Division and one for the President’s.

So my question is: Is there an easier way than setting up different series files to handle the Division I and II round robin races in Sailwave?

Thank you. Selby Winkler, MBYC