Tied Championship Results.

After a series of 11 races with three drops, I have two skippers tied on 20 points. Both have 9 races counting towards their total and both have had three first placings. One has had two second placings whilst the other has had three second placings. Sailwave places the skipper with the extra second placing above the other skipper. I was just wondering what criteria Sailwave uses when it determines who sits on the top line. Thanks.

Hi,

In answer to your question Sailwave follows the Tie Break procedure

in RRS Appendix A, i.e . by default the most firsts. most
seconds etc.

Appendix A SCORING * A8 SERIES TIES
A8.1* * If there is a series-score tie between two or
more boats, each boat’s
race scores shall be listed in order of best to worst,
and at the first
point(s) where there is a difference the tie shall be
broken in favour
of the boat(s) with the best score(s). No excluded
scores shall be
used.* * A8.2 If a tie remains between two or more boats,
they shall be ranked in
order of their scores in the last race. Any remaining
ties shall be
broken by using the tied boats’ scores in the
next-to-last race and so
on until all ties are broken. These scores shall be
used even if some
of them are excluded scores*

If you need access to World Sailig [ISAF} RRS they can be found at

-[13376].pdf
Kind regards,
Huw

···

http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/ISAFRRS20132016Final

On 29/03/16 08:15, [sailwave] wrote:
          After a series of 11 races with three drops, I have two

skippers tied on 20 points. Both have 9 races counting
towards their total and both have had three first
placings. One has had two second placings whilst the other
has had three second placings. Sailwave places the skipper
with the extra second placing above the other skipper. I
was just wondering what criteria Sailwave uses when it
determines who sits on the top line. Thanks.

jb2627@yahoo.com.au

Sailwave breaks the ties according to The Racing Rules of Sailing, Appendix A, rule A8. The particular situation you describe is broken by rule A8.1.

A8 SERIES TIES

1. A8.1 If there is a series-score tie between two or more boats, each boat’s race scores shall be listed in order
    of best to worst, and at the first point(s) where there is a difference the tie shall be broken in favour of the boat(s) with the best score(s). No excluded scores shall be used.

2. A8.2 If a tie remains between two or more boats, they shall be ranked in order of their scores in the last race.
    Any remaining ties shall be broken by using the tied boats’ scores in the next-to-last race and so on until all ties are broken. These scores shall be used even if some of them are excluded scores.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:29 AM, jb2627@yahoo.com.au [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

After a series of 11 races with three drops, I have two skippers tied on 20 points. Both have 9 races counting towards their total and both have had three first placings. One has had two second placings whilst the other has had three second placings. Sailwave
places the skipper with the extra second placing above the other skipper. I was just wondering what criteria Sailwave uses when it determines who sits on the top line. Thanks.

Huw and Mark, thank you. Much appreciated. Cheers, john