Topper 6.4 and PY Online

How can I distinguish between a Topper 5.3 and a Topper 6.4 when submitting to PY Online, as I can only select Topper or Topper 4.2 as a class?

Hi Robin,

Welcome back to Sailwave User Group forum.

You can submit to RYA PYy Online by identifying the variant of rig used by a ‘class’, this is how the RYA get data for new classes or variations of rig for existing classes.

Make sure class is Topper 5.3 for that variant and Topper 6.4 for this variant.

I hope that helps but if not get in touch again.
Kind regards,
Huw

Thank you Huw.

As Topper 5,3 and Topper 6.4 are not in the Class drop down list, I presume I can just create them as a class?

Hi Robin,

Yes just enter in the class field/column Toper 5.3 or Topper 6.4 as appropriate.

All best in uploading.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Huw,

Will the Topper 5.3 results be linked with the Topper results from previous years?

Thanks

Hi Robin,

Sorry, that is a question you will have to ask the RYA,

If you have only previously sent results as Topper and they were all for Topper 5.3 rig, then it might be possible for the RYA to change your previous Topper submitted data to Topper 5.3. Again something to ask RYA.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Robin,
I contacted the RYA about your circumstance and the following is their reply:

The standard rig for Topper is 5.3 so it is just named as Topper. If the submitted data is Topper 5.3, it will be treated as Topper.

For the other variants, Topper 4.2 and Topper 6.4, it will be treated as separated class from Topper (Topper 5.3).

We now have the new feature on PY Online that allows the club to map the submitted data to RYA class list. If there is any class that is not on RYA class list, we are happy to add it to our list. The user can contact us at technical@rya.org.uk.

I hope you and others find the information useful.
Kind regards,
Huw