Trouble creating NHC series

Hello, I am trying to create an NHC personal handicap series. I have used some historical data to fill in the first 4 races and scored it under the NHC1 scoring system. This went well and I could see the place ratings change for the competitors. Then I added another 3 race results and tried to rescore. This does not show any data in the ratings columns for those 3 races. What am I doing wrong? Alternatively is there a good step by step setup procedure that I can follow to set it up? And I did read the manual, but some of it was not easy to follow.
Regards
arnie

Hi Arnie,

If you are willing to share the Sailwave file you are using, it will allow me to better answer your problems.

If you would like to highlight the parts of the User Guide you found ‘not easy to follow’, I will see if I can improve the wording to make easier to follow.

Kind regards,
Huw

2022-2023 Clubhandtest.blw (85.4 KB)
thanks for your reply huw, this is my attempt at creating a personal handicap series, hope you can tell me where I went wrong. I will re read the part of the manual to give more feed back.
Cheers
Arnie

Hi Arnie,
Firstly, welcome to the Sailwave User Group which I should said in my first reply.

I have taken the finish data from your file and created a completely new file from scratch.

I found some time issues in your file which will not have helped:
R1 NACRA 14 - 58 has a finish time of 44012 which Sailwave has calculated as an elapsed time of 1833:5:48:00
R1 Hobie 16 - 114872 has been entered as an elapsed time of 14:31:10
R1 Hobie 16 - 115318 has been entered as an elapsed time of 14:31:46
R4 NACRA 14 - 14 has a finish time entered that is before the start time so Sailwave things it has been racing over a midnight boundary into the next day giving an elapsed time of 23:30:58.

In my new file I have used Sailwave aliases functionality so both groups are scored using US Sailing PN and RYA NHC. See what you think.

Only thing left for me to do is attach the file I created. :grinning:
2022-2023 Clubhandtest - HuwJon.blw (139.5 KB)

Kind regards,
Huw

Thanks Huw, I’ll have to be a bit more careful with my entries then. And it gives me a heads up where to start looking if the handicapping appears to stop working.

Good learning curve.

Cheers

Arnie

Get BlueMail for Android