Trouble uploading results files to FTP

The “use passive transfer” was already ticked. I am on Windows 10 at home but that wasn’t a problem last week with the same file! Same PC and Windows 10 at home since Xmas but not sure about the PC at the Club. We use dropbox to get the files visible at the Club and at home where I usually upload them. It seems to only be a problem with sailwave files that have been through dropbox since last week as I can still upload old files I have archived at home. I’ve kicked it over to are Club IT experts as I’m way out of my depth. I’ll let you know what the fix is if I can but thanks for the help … I may be back!

Chris

I was having the same problem with publishing via ftp.

What I found was that I could not publish to a sub-directory of the directory that I had set up on the server to receive files. Publishing to the specific directory is successful even from a file in a dropbox folder.

I would check the server’s set up to make sure the folder you’re trying to publish to is available via ftp. There might be permission issues also if you are trying to publish as not the owner of a file or folder.

Craig Strand

m242fleetone.org

—In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, <chrisgoldhawk@…> wrote :

The “use passive transfer” was already ticked. I am on Windows 10 at home but that wasn’t a problem last week with the same file! Same PC and Windows 10 at home since Xmas but not sure about the PC at the Club. We use dropbox to get the files visible at the Club and at home where I usually upload them. It seems to only be a problem with sailwave files that have been through dropbox since last week as I can still upload old files I have archived at home. I’ve kicked it over to are Club IT experts as I’m way out of my depth. I’ll let you know what the fix is if I can but thanks for the help … I may be back!

Chris

You can certainly publish to a subdirectory using this method by including it in the filename - just tested

Inline images 1

This publishes in the Qweb directory.

One thing that often catches me out, is that if it is a linux based server the path is case sensitive.

Jon

···

On 9 March 2016 at 16:52, communication@m242fleetone.org [sailwave] sailwave@yahoogroups.com wrote:

I was having the same problem with publishing via ftp.

What I found was that I could not publish to a sub-directory of the directory that I had set up on the server to receive files. Publishing to the specific directory is successful even from a file in a dropbox folder.

I would check the server’s set up to make sure the folder you’re trying to publish to is available via ftp. There might be permission issues also if you are trying to publish as not the owner of a file or folder.

Craig Strand

m242fleetone.org

—In sailwave@yahoogroups.com, <chrisgoldhawk@…> wrote :

Chris

Jon Eskdale
07530 112233

Skype “eskdale”