Uploading to RYAonline

I am getting an error code 500. Cannot see what is wrong in the data other races have loaded without issue.

Hi Mark,

Error 500 is the error returned by the RYA server Error 500 is Internal Server Error - so only the RYA can tell you why it sent that error but could you confirm which version of Sailwave you are using?
and if it is not the current version 2.30.2 available from the Sailwave site - could you try updating and giving it a try? The RYA server gets confused when you send it races that don’t have any results, so I built a check into the 2.30.2 to automatically ignore races without results even if you specify them to be sent.

Jon

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Sailwave User Group forum.

Which version of Sailwave are you using, please? Is it the same version that you have uploaded previously without any issue?

Error 500 can cover many issues as it is the generic error the RYA PY Online server issues :frowning: We have asked that more informative messages are issued but so far nothing has been forthcoming.

If you care to send me a copy of the Sailwave file you are trying upload data from I will have a look at it.
Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Jon

Sailwave is 2.29.0 and it says it is up to date can I force an update?

Is there a limit to the number of races in a series that RYA server can cope with perhaps? as this is a 22 race series.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Huw

Thank you.

Jon asked if I had the latest revision and I have just downloaded it. but it has not made a difference. I have uploaded two other race series successfully today.

One possibility is the race series which is 22 is too many for the server?

Please see attached.

Regards
Mark

Evening Paddle.blw (395 KB)

Hi Mark,

The latest version is available from the Sailwave website under Downloads, you can just download this and run the Downloaded file and it will update your Sailwave to version 2.30.2

No problem with 22 races in the series 100 is not a problem

Let us know how you get on

Jon

Hi Jon

I downloaded the new version from the website and reopened the .blw and retried to upload and still error code 500.

Huw has offered to look at the .blw file for me and see if he can spot something wrong.

Regards
Mark

Hi Jon

Sorry I was uploading a colleagues .blw file and I realise looking at the PY site that the dates are not yyyy-mm-dd.

I will adjust accordingly

Regards
Mark

Hi Huw
Sorry I was uploading a colleagues .blw file and I realise looking at the PY site that the dates are not yyyy-mm-dd.

I will adjust accordingly

Regards
Mark

Hi Mark

The date formats should be fine as although the RYA insists on it being yyyy-mm-dd Sailwave is more friendly and will let you use other formats

see the screenshot (the part in bold)

Hi Mark,
Just been trying the Sailwave file you posted and I am getting Error 500 and the dates in the file are YYYY-MM-DD format.

I tried uploading just the first race and that gave Error 500 as well.

I will keep investigating.

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Mark

I had a look at the file and the issue is down to the RYA server crashing out with a long name for the crew name I tried at 75 characters and it appears OK but when I tried 101 it failed - You might like to report it to the RYA it is their error.
Or you could reduce the length of the Crew names

One other point - I notice you have the autoset ratings left ticked - you should not leave this set. You should only tick it when you wish to update the ratings from the rating files then score once and then immediately untick it

Jon

Hi Jon

Many thanks for your help. I will adjust the file as required to allow it to upload.

Best regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

I sent an email to the RYA asking about field lengths for upload to PY Online and the following is t he information I got back:

The maximum length of string for the fields as below:

Class: 40 ← This is the maximum length for the string to be displayed on the webpage, all the text / number beyond this number will not be shown. The maximum length of string is 100.
HelmName: 100
CrewName: 100

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Huw

Thank you for following up on this.
Regards
Mark

I too have been trying to upload results today Jon. I amusing version 2.30.2 and have been trying to sort the problem with Leon Man at the RYA. I have also has error 200 and 404 today. The linking between the systems has always been an issue because I had a similar problem last year which ended up with me sending the file to Adam and he uploaded it internally straight away.
Hopefully the RYA can sort it out
BW
PJ

Hi PJ,

Can you please send me your file, so I can have a look at it?

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Paul

Are you sorted now?

There should be no reason why you get an error. Unless there is something wrong with your data. If you can some more details in happy to investigate it for you.
Jon