Using Bonus Points system

From the overall season pointscore series (18 races, no drops) our club run a 5 race (1 drop) Club Championship series. i.e the place in the selected pointscore race is used as the Club Championship race. The ISAF Appendix 4.1 Bonus Points system is use to score the CC series.

The complication is this SI:
   " 20.2(iv) To be eligible to be placed [in the CC] a boat must sail in at least 50% of the club's programmed point score races. Points allocated to boats that fail to sail in at least 50% of the club's programmed point score races shall not be re-allocated. "

If a boat fails to meet the 50% test we will not know this fact until well into the series at which time I would mark the competitor as 'excluded'. Sailwave appeares to use "Scored Rank" and not "Place" to allocate points. So the excluded boat with a 1st place and 0 points is correctly ignored and 2nd placed non-excluded boat on 3 points is now the 1st ranked boat and is scored as "0" points which is not allowed by the SI.

Is there a way to tell Sailwave to use Place and not Scored Rank to score the race?

Thanks for any help,

Alan Kenney

Instead of excluding boats that do not qualify, shouldn’t you be using a qualification profile?

Try going into Setup, User Interface and checking Qualification Profile and then set up a profile just like a discard profile in Setup, Scoring System.

Does that give you what you want?

Will

···

From: sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of alank1320
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:12 AM
To: sailwave@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sailwave] Using Bonus Points system

From the overall season pointscore series (18 races, no drops) our club run a 5 race (1 drop) Club Championship series. i.e the place in the selected pointscore race is used as the Club Championship race. The ISAF Appendix 4.1 Bonus Points system is use to score the CC series.

" 20.2(iv) To be eligible to be placed [in the CC] a boat must sail in at least 50% of the club’s programmed point score races. Points allocated to boats that fail to sail in at least 50% of the club’s programmed point score races shall not be re-allocated. "

If a boat fails to meet the 50% test we will not know this fact until well into the series at which time I would mark the competitor as ‘excluded’. Sailwave appeares to use “Scored Rank” and not “Place” to allocate points. So the excluded boat with a 1st place and 0 points is correctly ignored and 2nd placed non-excluded boat on 3 points is now the 1st ranked boat and is scored as “0” points which is not allowed by the SI.

Is there a way to tell Sailwave to use Place and not Scored Rank to score the race?

Thanks for any help,

Alan Kenney

Hi Will,

Genius… Sorry for the
delayed reply. To get it working I had to delete the non-pointscore
races which were there to show all the races for the season. I was using ‘discard
first’ to remove them but as they are not part of the qualification for
the Club Championship series they had to go.

Thanks again for help.

Alan K.

···

sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Will Gordon
Sent: Saturday, 23 July 2011 23:54
Subject: RE: [sailwave] Using
Bonus Points system

Instead of excluding boats that do not qualify,
shouldn’t you be using a qualification profile?

Try going into Setup, User Interface and checking
Qualification Profile and then set up a profile just like a discard profile in
Setup, Scoring System.

Does that give you what you want?

Will

sailwave@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sailwave@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of alank1320
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:12
AM
Subject: [sailwave] Using Bonus
Points system

From the overall season pointscore series
(18 races, no drops) our club run a 5 race ! (1 drop) Club Championship series.
i.e the place in the selected pointscore race is used as the Club Championship
race. The ISAF Appendix 4.1 Bonus Points system is use to score the CC series.
" 20.2(iv) To be eligible to be placed [in the CC] a boat must sail in at
least 50% of the club’s programmed point score races. Points allocated to boats
that fail to sail in at least 50% of the club’s programmed point score races
shall not be re-allocated. "
If a boat fails to meet the 50% test we will not know this fact until well into
the series at which time I would mark the competitor as ‘excluded’. Sailwave
appeares to use “Scored Rank” and not “Place” to allocate
points. So the excluded boat with a 1st place and 0 points is correctly ignored
and 2nd placed non-excluded boat on 3 points is now the 1st ranked boat and is
scored as “0” points which is not allowed by the SI.
Is there a way to tell Sailwave to use Place and not Scored Rank to score the
race?
Thanks for any help,
Alan Kenney