Using Sailwave to track club racing

I am setting up racing for a small club with just a few racers. It is very casual.

We tend to race twice a week. Thursdays evenings, and Saturday mornings. Each time we race, we will generally have 1-3 actual races, depending on weather, interest, who shows up, etc., etc.

I don’t see any way to set this up though - it seems like each actual “race” or lap has to be a separate entry in the series - so that means I really don’t know how many races are in the series.

Is it possible (and if so, how do I do it?) to have each night of racing be a “race” with multiple “laps”, so to speak? Or do I need to just put every single race into series (so there will be 1-3x the number of days of racing)? Ideally I would like each day of racing to be scored, rather then each individual race. If that makes sense…

I have to imagine this is not really different from what other clubs do, so I am assuming this is doable but I haven’t figured it out, or there is just a better way to do this overall…

Thanks for the help!

Hi Berkut,
Welcome to the Sailwave User Group.

You do not have to know in advance the number of races in the series. Additional race(s) can be added as and when needed; click Edit on menu bar and select add race to add one or more additional races.

PS - there is a Sailwave User Guide & Reference Manual that can be downloaded from the Sailwave web site [Sailwave User Guide | Sailwave].

Kind regards,
Huw

Hi Jeff,

If I understand you correctly.
What you need is a series for each event and an overall series as a combination of each event

This can easily be achieved in Sailwave where you have each event in a separate file and a file for the overall series

You simply merge the results from each event into the series using the File Merge

image.png

Once you have done it once it only takes a few seconds

Jon

Jon Eskdale

03333 443377
07530 112233