When loading to PY ONLINE multiple starts appears as multiple races

Hi,

When loading to PY Online a race with multiple starts, e.g. fast handicap and 5 minutes later slow handicap - all scored as ONE race - it appears in PY Online as two races.

This would be OK in some cases but often not, because PY Online excludes races all the same class and races with only 3 entries etc so if say on 3 boats enter the slow fleet they get ignored, or if 10 toppers enter the slow they get ignored.

Now Sailwave is a great bit of software -so no doubt this issue has come up before and they is a flag somewhere to set that says ‘publish all starts as one race to py online’? If not s it possible to have this feature added?

Hi Alan

It will depend upon if you score them as one group or score them separately

I do score as one group - but I think I’m wrong as PY Online does ( I think ) treat it as one race - but notifies errors per start - hence confusing me.

But those two boats were excluded as they fell outside the finish paramters for PYOnline

“Of the top 66%, only those that finish within 105% of the standard mean corrected time are counted.”

It is not easy to navigate PYOnline

I agree that PYOnline is confusing.
As you say, PY Online treats each sailwave start as a separate “event”. You can ignore the red flags, it simply means they’re going to ignore this event (less than 3 boats in the slow fleet), rather than there being something wrong with your data. PY Onine calls them Errors which is misleading. I’m sure they’d argue that as the fleets started 5 mins apart it isn’t 100% fair to compare the times of the fast and slow boats, e.g. the wind could have dropped just as the slow boats were starting giving the fast boats an advantage.
At my club we have different courses for different fleets, so it would be wrong to automatically combine the starts. I frequently get the red flags, but I just ignore them.